WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it pretty bad...

I have to be honest, at first this watch did not do that much for me. I thought it looked cool, but i'm so satisfied with my Seatime i didn't even consider ordering the TO1, or any other Sport model for that matter. When the TO2 was revealed i 'noticed' the TO1 again and the last few weeks i really find myself checking pictures and reviews on the TO1. senna89wc12 's reviews and blowfish89 's recent thread played part in that! Little bit on the fence because of the size but comparing to wrist shots of the watch i think i can pull it of (7.4 inch wrist).

Thing is that to justify getting this for myself i would have to let something go. That would have be my Stowa MA silver matt (old logo) which i got not too long ago (Seatime never leaves)! I bought it to try something a little more dressy. It is actually my only 'dresswatch aside from a few vintage pieces. Not sure if i can call it a dresswatch pur sang (date, brushed case) but you get my point. I was thrilled with it when it arrived: the sparkly dial combined with the blue hands are a joy.. It is also very versatile. However after a few weeks it was losing wristtime to my go-to Seatime, hard. The MA probably looks fine on my wrist but to me it still feels a little small.. And i guess i am more of a sportier watch guy: After all it was the Seatime which made me learn about Stowa, not the classic fliegers ;) On top of that i think i would sell my Citizen Orca with bracelet.

What do you think? It would mean less diversity in my watch box.. But then again it feels like a sin to have a lovely MA silver sitting in my watch box and only getting it out for formal occasions.. While i could be enjoying the modern TO1 :think:

Borrowed picture from member centralcoastbuc of his TO1 on Toshi, posted in Stowa WRUW. Hope thats ok ;)

gr, HJR

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Its 2 totally different watch tho. U have to make up your mind. Ya I also think that u should keep your MA.

Ps: i m also caught with the TO1 bug, and manage to place an order before hike.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm biased and will tell you to keep the MA. I'm actually wearing mine as I type, though I have the white dial/matte case. I also favor diversity. The best advice I could offer is to not be too hasty and take your time on the decision, especially since it'll be difficult to replace that MA configuration. Best of luck on your decision.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
They are all nice watches; you gotta go with what you think looks the best. The eye test is the biggest determiner...

Reactions: H_J_R_

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Very hard decision you have on yourself. That Marine is a beautiful watch. But if it isn't used as much, let it go..
I have a confession to make though - I changed my Stowa order - canceled the TO1 and ordered another Stowa - which one you'll find out when it arrives ;)
I just can't manage without the date function, and I have a policy that I do not buy multiple watches from the same brand, so I went for something more classic for "the Stowa". Still love the TO1 to bits though, but my Damasko DA44 has similar looks.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Very hard decision you have on yourself. That Marine is a beautiful watch. But if it isn't used as much, let it go..
I have a confession to make though - I changed my Stowa order - canceled the TO1 and ordered another Stowa - which one you'll find out when it arrives ;)
I just can't manage without the date function, and I have a policy that I do not buy multiple watches from the same brand, so I went for something more classic for "the Stowa". Still love the TO1 to bits though, but my Damasko DA44 has similar looks.
U got me changed my order then u changed yours... Hahaha. Anyway, with limited budget, im sticking to TO1, hope to see your new watch soon.

Ps: We shouldnt give Barbara so much headache. Stop changing order :)

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
U got me changed my order then u changed yours... Hahaha. Anyway, with limited budget, im sticking to TO1, hope to see your new watch soon.

Ps: We shouldnt give Barbara so much headache. Stop changing order :)
Lol, yes its Barbara for my order too.
The problem with Stowa is that they give us too much time for a wandering eye. If they didn't give us the chance to modify or cancel, that would be easier for my mind lol.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for your replies!

@ senna89wc12 hidden830726 elbilo mpalmer

It's up to me to make up my mind of course and i realised this when i made this topic, still it is always nice to hear what others think :)

Some will let go of a watch more easy then others when it just doesnt get a lot of wrist time. I think i am one of those, also because i am on a budget.. Why keep a watch you rarely wear when you could get something you enjoy more often instead. Its just the fact that this is one of the last MAs with eta and old logo what makes it a little more difficult. I could flip it, get the TO1 and somewhere in the future get a MO. Another beautiful 'dressier' watch, which size probably suits me a little better as well. On the other hand i like the old logo better on the classic Stowa models like the marine line..

@ icybluesmile

Thanks a lot for your pictures. Every wrist shot really helps me deciding on the size! Especially since we cannot just try our Stowas in the stores (luckily!!).

@ blowfish89

More classic with a date? Im smelling chrono 1938 maybe?? ;) Eager to see when you get it!

gr, HJR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aargh!! Looks amazing in the sun and on that strap..

I'm still amazed by the height. It is supposed to ride less high than my seatime (which i find extremely nice to wear), but on every picture it seems taller!

Thanks for another nice wrist shot making my decision ever so hard ;)

gr, HJR

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Aargh!! Looks amazing in the sun and on that strap..

I'm still amazed by the height. It is supposed to ride less high than my seatime (which i find extremely nice to wear), but on every picture it seems taller!

Thanks for another nice wrist shot making my decision ever so hard ;)

gr, HJR
No problem. It's my pleasure to share my experience with all of you. The canvas strap fits the watch perfectly which I think is the best strap I have had for this watch.

On paper the thickness/height of the case is 12.90 vs Seatime's 13.50. The T01 has a relatively low and thin caseback which makes the watch sit lower on the wrist. The Seatime has a thicker caseback which lifts the watch higher on the wrist. The case of the T01 is by no means thin when you also count the bezel in. The large bezel also makes the watch thicker than it looks. I think the bezel on the T01 is a bit taller compared to the one on the Seatime.

Camera accessory Lens hood Rim Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
No problem. It's my pleasure to share my experience with all of you. The canvas strap fits the watch perfectly which I think is the best strap I have had for this watch.

On paper the thickness/height of the case is 12.90 vs Seatime's 13.50. The T01 has a relatively low and thin caseback which makes the watch sit lower on the wrist. The Seatime has a thicker caseback which lifts the watch higher on the wrist. The case of the T01 is by no means thin when you also count the bezel in. The large bezel also makes the watch thicker than it looks. I think the bezel on the T01 is a bit taller compared to the one on the Seatime.

View attachment 3920074 View attachment 3920114
Is that the Stowa strap in the pics? or its canvas as you mentioned?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I've always liked this watch ever since the initial stages of production. I have a 6.75" flat wrist and I'm still not convinced I can pull off that 54.50mm L2L. When there was a talk of a smaller version of this watch, I was ecstatic! It turned out to be the TO2 , which has all the great dimensions, but alas, no bezel and thus no TESTAF certification. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts