WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Today i sold what was my first ever G-shock.
I don't really know the reason, but, in the last months i felt like i needed to use it to try to convince myself that i still liked it...
I used to love G-shocks, they were my gate to the watch world but nowadays i kind of like them, but don't really wanna buy or even use one.
Maybe my "tastes" are changing...

(Gone off topic a little,)
Now after selling it i feel sad, but don't have any regrets, i hope he will be "loved" like he was.
Some pics of it to say goodbye.
G-shock Mudman G9300 with red bezel and strap.

Watch Hand Gesture Clock Finger
Watch Gadget Clock Analog watch Font
Watch Gadget Clock Analog watch Font
Watch Analog watch Product Watch accessory Clock
Automotive tire Azure Natural environment Road surface Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Do you want our replies to help you feel better about your decision to sell your watch? Only you can do that. If we say, " You should've kept that watch", you're going to feel bad. If we say, "It's ok that you sold that Mudman, don't worry about it", you might feel better. I don't think we can or should do that for you.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
don't tell your wife about "your tastes are changing" or you will be in deep s&!ts, mister !

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you want our replies to help you feel better about your decision to sell your watch? Only you can do that. If we say, " You should've kept that watch", you're going to feel bad. If we say, "It's ok that you sold that Mudman, don't worry about it", you might feel better. I don't think we can or should do that for you.
I'm ok with it,
I just wanted to give it a Thread in some kind of "Thank you".
It was my first watch purchase which started my journey and now i felt that we should go diferent ways...
Well its silly, i know xD

Reactions: BA1970 and schumway

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't tell your wife about "your tastes are changing" or you will be in deep s&!ts, mister !
I got your point. I should keep it down around her :whistle:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I traded my first G-Shock with a twinge of regret, but if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have ten G-Shocks now.
Sometimes is for the better sometimes not but we all learn from it :)
The watch that will come with the money, i expect that it will get a lot of wrist time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Same as you, I still find G-Shocks and Pro Treks being nice watches, but I have no interest of buying more. I found that, in the end, I am more a mechanical and analog watch guy.

However, I will keep the ones I already own, and will try to give them some wrist time, especially during outdoor/sport/camping activities.

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,871 Posts
Sometimes it’s time to let go. I like to think that selling unworn watches lets them go to a new home where they may be worn and enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ptmd

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's a red plastic watch. Get over it. You can always get another red plastic watch. Or even a yellow one.

Reactions: Ptmd

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,047 Posts
I'm never sentimental about watches. If i dont wear a watch regularly, for whatever reason, then its goes to someone else who will get use from it. If i sell it the cash is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same as you, I still find G-Shocks and Pro Treks being nice watches, but I have no interest of buying more. I found that, in the end, I am more a mechanical and analog watch guy.

However, I will keep the ones I already own, and will try to give them some wrist time, especially during outdoor/sport/camping activities.
I think i'm becoming the Mechanical-analog guy too :O
Weird, not even a year ago i had in mind a lot of G-shocks i wanted to have.

Reactions: desc82

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't regret selling it, and i know it is an affordable watch to begin with.
The thing is, it was the One that trigger me to the watch world, that's why i'm sentimental.
But no big deal, that's the way i am.

Sometimes it's time to let go. I like to think that selling unworn watches lets them go to a new home where they may be worn and enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a red plastic watch. Get over it. You can always get another red plastic watch. Or even a yellow one.
I'm never sentimental about watches. If i dont wear a watch regularly, for whatever reason, then its goes to someone else who will get use from it. If i sell it the cash is a bonus.
Watches come and go....all part of the watch game !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts