WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of us, other people hardly ever notice the watch I'm wearing or offer any sort of comment one way or the other. Well, today was different.

First off, my wife and I were at a local car dealership for service, when the guy processing us saw this on my wife's wrist (the black one on the left):

TSB Seiko 5s.jpg

He says to her, "Wow. That's a nice Seiko. Is it an automatic with the see-through case back?" She looks at me, amazed, and says, "Yes, thanks." Then she says, "My husband is the one who got me interested in these doggone things." The guy looked at me, smiled and said, "Good job!" Pretty neat little moment.

A few hours later, I'm at Publix wearing this:

snzh4.jpg

And the check-out guy says to me, "Nice watch. Where did you get it?" I was flabbergasted for a moment, but finally managed to tell him, "Online." To which he replied, "You mean online at Shane Company?" And that was the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Anyway, two Seiko compliments in one day!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lmao @ Shane Company. It is awesome they were noticed though. I daily wear a 5 at work and have never received any sore of acknowledgement of it in the two years I have owned it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The only time I've ever had anyone notice my watch is when I worked back at Heathrow and I was searching a member of staff going airside. I was wearing a fairly cheap Festina watch that he took a shine too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts