WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a couple more neat old chronos. Now these aren't your high-end super brands by any stretch of the imagination, but cool time pieces nonetheless.

1st is a Cimier Sport from sometime in the '60s. It houses a REGO Lapanouse 1 jewel movement ... yep 1 jewel. Apparently a fairly hearty mmovement used to bring affordability and style to the masses. The gold tone plating is nearly gone from the case, but is otherwise in nice shape and keeping great time.

Next up is an Agon branded simple chrono. The movement is yet a mystery as I'm a little hesitant to unscrew and remove it yet. The bezel and crystal are snap off to reach the dial and for removal of the movement assembly. Probably another 1 jewel. The bezel has seen better days to say the least and the rest of the case could use a polish. Also running well.

I think I'll just strap these up and leave them as is. Cool casual wear time pieces that should be great conversation starters.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Very nice looking examples you have there.|>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marrick. I like these old oddities for sure.

I may try my hand at home plating on the Agon. That should be fun.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Great looking chronograph. I own a pocket watch with cheap movement but it still runs like a dream . As long these are serviced should last

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds interesting. How does one go about plating at home?
There are a few old threads about it somewhere here. Basically, there are a couple kits available out there that make plating small pieces doable at home or shop. Small power source, plating solution, and good prepwork. They make it sound easy ... we shall see.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
And I, for one, will be very interested in how it turns out. Good luck with it.:-!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again guys!

Just ordered the plating kit. It'll be here next week. I'll definitely document the process and post up the results. Regardless of how it goes! Ha.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added one more over the weekend. Another Lapanouse 1 jewel. Running great, but needs a crystal and a serious cleanup.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Nice! You're getting quite a collection of these.|>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts