WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Beautiful, Merv, nice find / pick-up. I'm biased, have a soft spot for the Panda Speedmasters - this one is truly spectacular.

Congratulations and enjoy for many years to come.

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
That watch is truly frickin' awesome!

Reactions: Merv

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
Yes the adjustable clasp comes fitted as standard on the bracelet so in theory it should cover all bases and negate the need for a half-link. In theory. In reality that’s not the case.

The clasp has 3 different positions and not a great amount of space between first and third positions. I’ve removed 2 links and bracelet fully extended is fine now in our Aussie winter. Won’t be any use in summer though. I’ve tried it with only 1 link removed and clasp fully retracted and it flops around ridiculously loosely. A half-link is the obvious fix and why Omega discontinues is a real whodunnit imo. Complete ballsup on their part. Lucky for me the watch is still absolutely beautiful regardless.
Which is yet another reason to keep it on that gorgeous leather strap!

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Picked up this panda beauty the other day. Loving it. Bracelet not so much though...no half links available any more (mind blowing). I think this looks best on a strap anyway.
Congatulations Mr. Merv! Truly amazing piece of fine horlogerie; or dare I even say marvelous piece of chronometric art? I absolutely agree with you that it looks better on a strap; I even took the liberty of designing a special strap for you; I am sure that you can find a strap maker that can make it for you.

But most importantly, wear it in good health :-!
Omega Panda Merv.jpg

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Congatulations Mr. Merv! Truly amazing piece of fine horlogerie; or dare I even say marvelous piece of chronometric art? I absolutely agree with you that it looks better on a strap; I even took the liberty of designing a special strap for you; I am sure that you can find a strap maker that can make it for you.

But most importantly, wear it in good health :-!
View attachment 14236133
That is both beastly and magnificent. Love it! |>

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
It’s been a while G! Nice to see you’re still accumulating fine watches! This is a great pickup, my compliments, well done!

I recently picked up an 1171 bracelet and can’t stop wearing my speedies now. I think it looks much better than the traditional speedy pro bracelet (no offense to those that love the original bracelet) and it wears incredibly well, like a jubilee. And with 8 microadjust holes in the clasp, you are pretty much guaranteed a perfect fit.

Something to consider if you want to go with an alternate bracelet that one can purchase directly from Swatch Group, as I did

Cheers,
Rob
https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/

Reactions: Fordehouse and Merv

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It’s been a while G! Nice to see you’re still accumulating fine watches! This is a great pickup, my compliments, well done!

I recently picked up an 1171 bracelet and can’t stop wearing my speedies now. I think it looks much better than the traditional speedy pro bracelet (no offense to those that love the original bracelet) and it wears incredibly well, like a jubilee. And with 8 microadjust holes in the clasp, you are pretty much guaranteed a perfect fit.

Something to consider if you want to go with an alternate bracelet that one can purchase directly from Swatch Group, as I did

Cheers,
Rob
https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/
Howdy partner, it has been a while my friend! I still get a kick out of drooling over your collection; one of the best on here imo.

Yes I’m loving this watch, living the dream etc etc. Just ordered a Di Modell Rallye strap, so we’ll see how that looks.

Thanks for the tip on that bracelet. I’ll check it out, the brushed look is pretty cool. |>

·
Registered
487 Posts
I love the Tokyo Speedy's, the blue and the panda in particular. I just wish they weren't so difficult to get / so marked up on the second hand market. Congrats on your get, OP.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been trying to understand all of the facts regarding the Mitsukoshi watches and extra faces and shopping for one for a while now. I may have to abandon that and just find myself a Tokyo 2020 Panda. Love it! Cheers!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks all for the kind words. I am still absolutely loving this watch.

I switched from the Hirsch Duke to a new strap...Di Modell Rallye.

Some pics....

IMG_8039.jpg

IMG_8040.jpg

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

21 - 40 of 58 Posts