WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is the OP41 too big for my wrist?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'll ultimately need to make the call myself, but wouldn't mind getting a 2nd opinion here. I have about a 6.5'' wrist, so I keep going back and forth on whether the OP41 is too big or if I can pull this off. I'm used to wearing watches with a dive bezel or a tachymeter, so I think that's making the dial look extra large to me.

Any thoughts?
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Grey

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
I voted yes. It might be the photo but that's all I got to vote on. 36mm would be sweet on your wrist. My only "standard" is wear what is proportionate to your wrist.

Obviously you can wear whatever you desire...everyone does! :oops: 😂

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
A little bit yeah. But if you like it go for it. It's not absurdly big.

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Yes, that look too big, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
It's all a matter of personal preference. I can say that for me, with a 7.5 inch wrist, I found the DJ 41 to look bloated and silly. I have an OP 36mm that I never wear because it is just a bit too small for my taste. Each watch is different and each wrist is different and each watch wearer's taste is different. But, in my experience, if I keep "going back and forth" on a decision, I already know the answer, I just don't want to face it.

There is a weird obsession amongst some in the WIS community with big watches and pointless case diameter numbers. Not saying that you are falling victim to that, but I know that I did years ago when I first started buying watches. Size and numbers are measurements, not styles or judgements. It is an accident of birth that I'm a big person with 7.5 inch flat wrists. My barber who I'll see in a few minutes, is 5' 5" and weighs at least 50lbs less than I do. He loves watches. He wears small watches--because they look right. Because he's smaller. Because that's how he was born. I brought him my Turn-o-Graph (36mm) for him to try on. It looked perfect on him. Buy what you like and ignore the doubts and opinions of others.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
It's all a matter of personal preference. I can say that for me, with a 7.5 inch wrist, I found the DJ 41 to look bloated and silly. I have an OP 36mm that I never wear because it is just a bit too small for my taste. Each watch is different and each wrist is different and each watch wearer's taste is different. But, in my experience, if I keep "going back and forth" on a decision, I already know the answer, I just don't want to face it.

There is a weird obsession amongst some in the WIS community with big watches and pointless case diameter numbers. Not saying that you are falling victim to that, but I know that I did years ago when I first started buying watches. Size and numbers are measurements, not styles or judgements. It is an accident of birth that I'm a big person with 7.5 inch flat wrists. My barber who I'll see in a few minutes, is 5' 5" and weighs at least 50lbs less than I do. He loves watches. He wears small watches--because they look right. Because he's smaller. Because that's how he was born. I brought him my Turn-o-Graph (36mm) for him to try on. It looked perfect on him. Buy what you like and ignore the doubts and opinions of others.
"bloated and silly"...never heard that about a watch this size on a 7.5" wrist. Is a OP41 even 41 or smaller like DJ41?

Reactions: parksroad

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
I know I'll ultimately need to make the call myself, but wouldn't mind getting a 2nd opinion here. I have about a 6.5'' wrist, so I keep going back and forth on whether the OP41 is too big or if I can pull this off. I'm used to wearing watches with a dive bezel or a tachymeter, so I think that's making the dial look extra large to me.

Any thoughts? View attachment 16815724
Yes...I'll give you $500 for it!

Joking aside, it looks a little big in that pic, but close-up wrist shots make most watches look big. Do you have a shot from a distance? It would probably help most folks make a better recommendation.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think the most important measurement is the lug-to-lug. To me, with a 7 in. wrist, anything beyond 51mm lug-to-lug is too big.

Yet, anything under 48mm is too small. But this is a matter of taste.

Comfort zone is 42mm to 44mm wide, and 49mm to 51mm side to side.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Looks good to me. As long as the lugs don’t hand off your wrist I think your ok.

Reactions: parksroad

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Kind of a personal thing.

I have 7" wrists, and I'm wearing a 36mm Exp. Works fine once I get used to it. 40 is rather my upper limit, unless I want a bold brash watch. At that point, its not about comfort.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
It's on the large side. But these days it's not out of place - it's about the same look as a 36mm DJ on the average lady. Still a good look, but you need to like a big watch.

I'd keep it. DJ41 is really just a 40mm. Less, actually
Interesting. Two differnt watches than above, wonder what the OP measures in at. Never did like that "bloated" DJII Anyway. Now I'm wondering what the difference is between the op39 and 41 is...

·
Registered
47,542 Posts
My honest opinion is that it is too big for you.

With the must add caveat of…..wear what you want it’s your wrist and your watch.

Reactions: tjb42
1 - 20 of 109 Posts