WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I comfortably wear my Citizen, a 42mm, and find myself needing another one ;-). Got my eye on Blue Angels models which measure out at 46mm according to the specs. Wrist photo of the 42mm attached.

What's the consensus - is a 46mm going to be too big for my wrist?

c45790f984473ae57ca97ded84549aee.jpg

·
Registered
935 Posts
If the watch in the pic is 42mm, then I reckon you'd probably be okay with 46. It'd be hilariously too big for me but you ought to be able to wear it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
it think it'll be fine too. 4mm isnt going to be that much bigger.

Reactions: glormrax

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
"Enablers!" All of you;-)
Love has no measure of width nor height; no worth of earthly goods,
but hide the receipt from she who must be obeyed;-)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
You should measure lug-to-lug as well. Case diameter alone doesn't mean much. Right now you can do 46mm (if the crown isn't radically larger) but if lug-to-lug is more than 5mm on the plus size I'd recommend against.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If you have doubts now, you better just go try one on and see.

Reactions: Reid

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have doubts now, you better just go try one on and see.
And that's exactly what I did! Went to local mall, found a jewelry shop that carries Citizen. I was able to try on a Navihawk, which is actually a tad bigger than the Blue Angels. End result - I like it!

Now my problem was (you'll see why I said that in past tense in a moment), should I get a Black Eagle or a Blue Angels? I really like them both & was struggling with the decision. (By now you probably have a clue what happened, right?)

Got on ebay, saw a bunch of auctions/buy-it-now listings, one for a Black Eagle, one for a Blue...pulled the trigger. :-d

The Blue is coming from Jomashop. I hesitated a lot about buying from them, read tons, but decided the price was so good I couldn't resist. The Black was a private seller, I put in a max bid, and to be honest I expected to *not* get it...but, hah! I got it.

Man, gotta get hold of myself...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts