WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This past fall I picked up the Habitue strap from Crown & Buckle for my Tissot Visodate.
lthr-20-22-01_2.jpg
The light color was sporty and summery, but since then it has darkened considerably. Obviously I expected some patina but it's now almost as dark as the stock strap (below). Any recommendations for a light-colored strap that'll stay that way, or advice for slowing down the darkening?
tissot strapsm.jpg

·
Premium Member
36,171 Posts
Heiden, Hadley Roma, Rios, etc, should make a strap that will retain it's original color.

Check out the sticky at the top of this forum for a list of on line strap vendors for more choices.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hi all,
This past fall I picked up the Habitue strap from Crown & Buckle for my Tissot Visodate.
View attachment 1395674
The light color was sporty and summery, but since then it has darkened considerably. Obviously I expected some patina but it's now almost as dark as the stock strap (below). Any recommendations for a light-colored strap that'll stay that way, or advice for slowing down the darkening?
View attachment 1395680
I know its not exactly what you were after but that strap with that patina looks great!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just got a new leather in. It's a Horween Polished Sand Chromexcel... Should hold it's color.

Etsy_ (13 of 15).jpg

·
Vendor
3,058 Posts
That strap (the Habitue) is nubuck leather so it tends to darken much more than normal dyed calf leather. I'm surprised it darkened that much, though! What conditions do you wear it in?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I do think the strap looks good with patina - better than the stock strap.

But I was surprised how dark it got. I wear the watch almost every day but don't exercise with it on or do anything that attracts much dust or dirt. If anyone has a light-colored strap that that's kept its color for a year I'd love to hear about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts