WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local AD got an allocation of BB41s and they're offering me one at a 30% discount. I tried the watch on and it's perfect.

I'm very much tempted to pull the trigger on a purchase but I'm also worrying that the BB41 will be too redundant with my BB Red.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks boring rotating watches that almost identical.

Best regards,

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not at all. The difference between a fixed steel bezel vs. a rotating dial with color, not to mention one on a bracelet and one on a strap, is enough to differentiate them that owning both wouldn't be redundant.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Do it. To me they're completely different. One has a coloured bezel, dial is a different colour and so are the hands. The only similarity is the snowflake hands. One is a dress watch, the other more of a tool watch although the red/gold can still look good dressed up. Someone here said they look identical? Cant see that at all but each to his own. I have 2 BBs in my rotation, a red and blue and still consider them different although they're even the same model. 30% off is a steal too.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
I own a Black Bay Blue ETA and I purchased a Black Bay 36.

I find them very different.

If you love the Black Bay 41 and can purchase one at such a great price, grab it and wear the heck out of it!

Reactions: Tanjecterly

·
Premium Member
24,333 Posts
Finally saw one last week. Just did not impress me. I didn't even ask to touch. So imo just stick with the red unless it just really appeals to you. I predict it will be hard to flip. Don't buy it just because of discount.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If you want it and will wear it why not personally i like the one on the right with the bracelet but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Completely different purpose, very similar watch.

I'd put in some extra $$ and stretch to an Explorer I (even used model is great) or if you like the 41mm size, an Omega Aqua Terra.

Plenty of options available for a 41mm do-anything, go-anywhere piece. Not sure if the BB41 is the one for you giving you own the BBR.

·
Registered
20,931 Posts
I still don't get the BB41. It's not a diver, it's not a field watch, it's not a dress watch. I think they're different enough, especially the red vs the 41, but I still don't know if I'd have the two together, because I can't think of a time I'd reach for the 41 over the red.

Have you looked at the Ranger?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I think it depends on your collection. If you have a lot of watches, a little redundancy is inevitable.

If this will be just a second watch, then yes, in my opinion, it's way too redundant. I'd get something that scratches an entirely different itch.

And speaking of the inevitable... Have you considered a Speedmaster Pro?

·
Registered
646 Posts
30% discount on a 2017 model watch, great for first time buyers, not so much for brand appeal.

As to are they different enough to wear in rotation, yes they are but maybe too similar to be in a small watch collection unless you like that particular look.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts