WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I haven't seen a Sinn 104 or 103 in the flesh... for those that have...

I currently have a Hamilton Khaki Pilot GMT (see picture)...does any one with empirical experience think I'd be better off with a Sinn?

Because I'm not sure :(

Thoughts much appreciated

V

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
826 Posts
The Sinn is definitely more versatile. It's a really nice watch overall. Nothing flashy, but a great everyday wear.

Reactions: VStephenson

·
Registered
826 Posts
The 104 is really great. My only gripe is the outside AR. I was always worried about scratching it. Will you miss the gmt?

Agreed with the outer AR comment. I actually removed mine with polywatch because it kept picking up minute scratches despite me babying the watch.

Reactions: 41Mets

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just p/x’d my 104. It’s a watch of many merits but just never endeared itself to me. A great all rounder yes, but the all high polish case in particular didn’t seem right to me. If I were you I’d wait, add a little more cash, and go up a notch or two into the Sinns.

Whatever you do I can tell you from experience that you won’t lose out if you flip and move on again. Sinns hold their value superbly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just p/x’d my 104. It’s a watch of many merits but just never endeared itself to me. A great all rounder yes, but the all high polish case in particular didn’t seem right to me. If I were you I’d wait, add a little more cash, and go up a notch or two into the Sinns.

Whatever you do I can tell you from experience that you won’t lose out if you flip and move on again. Sinns hold their value superbly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Move up a notch to what models do you think?

v

·
Registered
214 Posts
Keep in mind the 103 (15.5mm) is going to be far thicker than the 104 (11.5mm).

Reactions: 3005

·
Registered
8,910 Posts
Hold off if you aren't certain enough to make your own decision. Watches will not make you better or worse off--they're just watches. Hold on to your money until something just completely knocks your socks off.

·
Premium Member
61,432 Posts
Hold off if you aren't certain enough to make your own decision. Watches will not make you better or worse off--they're just watches. Hold on to your money until something just completely knocks your socks off.
The member from Japan makes a very good point. If you’re not sure then wait until you are.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Have to agree with the last 3 post, the 103 is a fine looking watch, but for me, way too thick. As for waiting, that's only way to go, it is so easy to click that mouse and a few days later - disappointment. This happened to me with the 104, as mentioned in an earlier post, the all-over polished case was an instant dislike, so back it went.

By being patient, I eventually acquired this and it will be one of the few watches that I have now that will be permanent keepers:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That Damasko does look nice.

As for waiting...well life can be too short sometimes.. :)

I do like a polished watch so I wonder if I will like the 104 finish

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm a Sinn owner & fan, and I think that Hamilton looks stunning!

But as for the Sinn, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Great watch!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've had a couple of Sinns but neither the 104 or 103 and I enjoyed both of mine a lot. A 104 would be on my short list of a new acquisition and I would much prefer either of them over that or any other Hamilton. Not slighting Hamilton at all - I just hold Sinn in high regard

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Hamilton is somewhat commonly seen, Sinn not so much. I own both but I like my Sinn better:

0530161353bSMALL.jpg

When you own a Sinn, you get to tell everyone who notices about the great but lesser known German company that it is! :-d

Reactions: Colombia
1 - 20 of 25 Posts