WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others, I just paid up the balance for my 2016 Project Watch. I know they're still in production and it won't be in my grubby paws for another month or so... But is it too soon to start tossing around ideas for replacement straps/customizing our new toys?

I mean no offense to Ed et al. The black croc straps are a good universal and inexpensive choice. But I have a feeling there may be some stylish folks out there looking to personalize these. I re-touched (to accentuate the features of each) and attached photos so people can easily visualize any pairing. Looking forward to seeing all ideas, styles, links, and price ranges, after all... It's never too soon to enjoy a watch.

Japanese Pilot.jpg
2016 Japanese Pilot
Classic.jpg
2016 Classic Spirograph
Modern.jpg
2016 Modern Sunburst

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Definitely not too early, they have made it clear from the beginning the strap was chosen to keep costs low first and foremost. It is serviceable, but it is a basic strap.

I haven't decided 100% yet, but I was seriously considering ordering a custom WWII japanese canvas strap from Combat Straps/Aaron Bespoke for my Pilot. Here is a pic of one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sounds intriguing, Karkarov! I tried to check it out but the link is somehow broken to the photo... I'll consult the google:)

edit: I believe I found the bloke you're referring to... nice gallery. His last name couldn't actually be "bespoke" could it? lol
I assume it's just his "brand name," but it could go either way.

edit 2: THANK YOU for fixing the picture link. Well worth the wait, that looks amaaaazzzing. Kudos, my friend

·
Registered
241 Posts
Anyone ever found buckles with the same finish as the Pilot? It's a small thing, but I would really like the finishes to match.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that you mention it, Var... I'd like to know this as well. It's a pretty unique finish. Not polished. Not brushed. Matching it would be difficult but rewarding.

Looking for ideas as well!
Anyone ever found buckles with the same finish as the Pilot? It's a small thing, but I would really like the finishes to match.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Here's the strap I have bought for my Pilot:

It's a Rios aged leather with heavy padding, and I think it will work with this big watch. It comes with a Breitling-style brushed deployant, and I don't think anyone will notice any difference between the brushing and the blasted finish of the watch.

Panatime had a sale and I took advantage of it.

Rick "not much into the distressed or homemade look, and this watch is too thick for a NATO" Denney

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the look of that, Rick. I like the word "SALE" even more.

Did you say it came with the clasp? I looked thru Panatime's site, but all I could find were buckles bought separately. What are the dimensions of the strap?
Thx, Chris.

Here's the strap I have bought for my Pilot:

It's a Rios aged leather with heavy padding, and I think it will work with this big watch. It comes with a Breitling-style brushed deployant, and I don't think anyone will notice any difference between the brushing and the blasted finish of the watch.

Panatime had a sale and I took advantage of it.

Rick "not much into the distressed or homemade look, and this watch is too thick for a NATO" Denney

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
I like the look of that, Rick. I like the word "SALE" even more.

Did you say it came with the clasp? I looked thru Panatime's site, but all I could find were buckles bought separately. What are the dimensions of the strap?
Thx, Chris.
They were together, on special sale. Given the 22mm lugs, I had the opportunity to explore Breitling-style straps and deployants. It's been a while--I bought this last September. Note that I require anXL strap. Here's the listing in the order confirmation:

Rick "finding that plain leather is the best look for inexpensive straps" Denney

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: Final prototypes pictures

As we are getting close to delivery, I am thinking of this strap to pull out the blue on the modern one a bit:

strap.png

Thoughts? Too blue?
The anticipation is growing..:-d

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: Final prototypes pictures

As we are getting close to delivery, I am thinking of this strap to pull out the blue on the modern one a bit:

View attachment 12134218

Thoughts? Too blue?
The anticipation is growing..:-d
I been leaning for something similar. Where did you find that one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts