WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my PAW1200 Pathfinder with me on my snowboard trip to mammoth the passed weekend.

I wore it outside of my coat at the very last hole on the strap, so it barely fit.

The weather channel reported that the temperature was 3 F degree with a wind chill effect of -8 F degree in the early morning.

It only snowed very so slightly, but it was windy and cold. The snow was packed (not fun when you fall o| )

The max altitude indicated by the watch was 10800 ft and the lowest temperature that I remember seeing was 27.x F degree.

The watch didn't skip a beat and worked very well. The LCD react slowed down with low temperature but remains function the whole time. The huge buttons can be operated with gloves on and the big numbers are easily to read.

And I guess since we were up in high in the mountain, the watch has no problem receiving signal over night even if I don't leave the watch anywhere near the window inside the house for my stay there.

I wished the record mode would record the temperature reading as well.

And I think I've made the right choice with a rubber strap. cause wearing the titanium bracelet version, i either have to resize the bracelet to wear it outside of the coat or to wear the watch on the inside of the coat.

The pathfinder can go out and have some fun too :)

OT: When I was not wearing the pathfinder, I worn my SAR on zulu. Its confortable to wear 24/7, the dial is big and easy to read, the tall bezel is easy to operate (and I've used the timing bezel to time my cooking :) ), the lume lasted in excess of 8 hrs. SAR is one heck of a watch.

·
Banned
95 Posts
I wished the record mode would record the temperature reading as well.

yeah, i also think that newer protrek models have this deficiency of not keeping temperature record memory,,the older protrek models like prt40 had this temperature recording function in memory mode.pity that new solar protreks only keep altitude memory records but not temperature records ,which are a must ,also one more problem in newer protreks is that in the altimeter mode temperaure is not shown ,it is only shown in barometer mode,while in prt40 model the temperature reading was shown in both altimeter and barometer mode

1 - 2 of 2 Posts