WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am very close to deciding on a four-watch collection and I'm on the fence between these two sets. Set A has the Seiko Alpinist 38 and CW quartz chrono 39, while Set B has the BB36 and Seiko quartz chrono 38. I don't care about resale value and I'm not going to be shy about acquiring wear and tear. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Note: The pictured straps and bracelets are for "display purposes only." Think dials/movements only.

== Set A ==

== Set B ==

·
Registered
511 Posts
I too would choose B but would add a leather strap in place of one of the non-bracelet options.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too would choose B but would add a leather strap in place of one of the non-bracelet options.
Oh, yes. The pictured straps and bracelets are for "display purposes only."

·
Registered
Grand Seiko SBGX259
3 Posts
I'd choose B too. The subdial layout of the CW chrono looks cheap. It reminds me of a timex chronographs or shinola quartz chronographs.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Set B. The BB36 is a great watch - I rate it very highly. That Seiko quartz chrono ticks a lot of boxes too

·
Registered
823 Posts
No, I go with A - but then I always was contrarian. Purely on my own aesthetic preferences (the starting point for all my purchasing decisions), the CW is less cluttered than the Seiko and just about anything is more attractive than the Tudor.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
B, mainly for that Seiko. The CW looks unbalanced with the two subdials above the horizontal and no subdial to balance it below. I'd be happy with either the Tudor or the Seiko Alpinist.

·
Registered
186 Posts
B.

Reactions: snowbongo

·
Premium Member
33,346 Posts
Set B, between those two choices, would get my vote as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am very close to deciding on a four-watch collection and I'm on the fence between these two sets. Set A has the Seiko Alpinist 38 and CW quartz chrono 39, while Set B has the BB36 and Seiko quartz chrono 38. I don't care about resale value and I'm not going to be shy about acquiring wear and tear. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Note: The pictured straps and bracelets are for "display purposes only." Think dials/movements only.

== Set A ==
View attachment 15727588

== Set B ==
View attachment 15727590
Set B although both sets ok

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all of your thoughts and comments! I also decided on "Set B."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts