WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
I am looking for ideas on the tools I need to adjust the bracelet links on my upcoming Ocean 1. Can you please suggest what tools I should get to do this job properly?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
A small screwdriver will do the job

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea I wish I thought of it myself. a small screwdriver is not for adjusting watch bracelets.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
That's a good idea I wish I thought of it myself. a small screwdriver is not for adjusting watch bracelets.
?

Some bracelets DO require a small screwdriver to add/remove links. Not sure if your reply was sarcasm, or something lost in translation?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Twintop advice is good!

For sizing the bracelet of an Ocean One you need a 1,2mm "precision" flat blade screwdriver to remove or add one link, and a 0,9mm diameter push pin for micro adjustment on the clasp.

If you own or buy a set of precision screwdrivers, the smallest usually a 0,8mm blade can be used as push pin while the 1,2mm flat blade has the correct blade thickness.

A little drop of loctite thread locker applied to each liaison screw thread is a good preentive maintenance once the bracelet is sized, nail polish can make a cheap alternative toa dedicated thread locker.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks kelt that is more of what i wanted to know. I hope 1.2 mm is the correct size. I don't want to make the screws look worn over time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
You can also get a bracelet removal tool from Steinhart. One end has the bracelet removal and on the other end is the small screwdriver needed to adjust the Ocean bracelet.
Watchtool - accessoires - Steinhart Watches

Reactions: kelt

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
For the clasp micro adjustment, all you need is a paperclip. :)

Loctite or nail polish is highly recommended. I find the screws tend to work themselves out quite easily.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
If you are planning to buy screwdrivers might I suggest you go to Ofrei.com and look at some Bergerons instead of buying cheap ones? They have changeable blades and are of high quality. The money difference is quickly made up in buying better quality watch tools in my experience. Jmho
Kevin

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
If the screws come loose on their own, then reapply the loctite. But if done properly the first time you shouldn't have to reapply.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have read that the best method is to apply the loctite to the threads inside the link, then you insert the screw afterwards. In this way you don't spread loctite all over the inside of the link.

after the watch is sized,how often should you apply the loctite,thanks in advance.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Loctite or nail polish is highly recommended. I find the screws tend to work themselves out quite easily.
Exactly, and preferable one of those covered in plastic since it prevents scratching. The smallest philips screwdriver I had was 2mm so I had to take my OVR to a shop to get the bracelet sized. Set me back €13 which was a pain. Had I just bought that screwdriver in advance.. :)

BTW, if the screws are a bit tight from the factory (loctite..), it should help to heat up the link in question with a hairdryer. Not sure it applies to Steinhart in particular and I didn't try this myself, but a fellow watchaholic gave me that advice a while back.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Cannot stress this enough!

I had mine adjusted at the local shop, but apparently they didn't use loctite so the bracelet came apart 4 days later. I was extremely lucky that I didn't drop and damage the watch.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts