WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others I am sure, I cut mine with some scissors and then burn them with a lighter.

But, if you wanted to get a really neat edge how would you do it? I’ve thought about a rope cutter, but can only find straight edge ones. Does anyone know what the manufacturers use to get a really nice rounded edge?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Awhile back I read someone advised to use a couple of quarters, sandwiching the strap end. You can then cut, move the quarters back a couple of mm’s, and burn the ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
I only use one quarter - I place the NATO on a flat surface, position the coin over it and then hold everything in place with tape prior to cutting.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Similar to above. I use an appropriately sized coin on top of the nato, place it on a hard surface (chopping board, work bench etc) and use a stanley knife to make the cut, then just finish the edge off with a lighter.

I think manufacturers would use a hot knife. Which, you could probably buy easy enough, but the other items, you're more likely to already have to hand.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I love the Key Ring idea!
I think I am gonna pound a piece of sheet metal round, then heat it up with a torch and use it as a round hot knife.
Great ideas guys, tho I don't think this is the thread for it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts