WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is your favourite feature/complication?

• Chronograph

• Dive Bezel

• Countdown Bezel

• Alarm (e.g. Memovox)

• Minute Repeater

• GMT

• World Timer

• Date

• Date with independent hour hand

• Annual Calendar

• Perpetual Calendar

• Day/night Indicator

• Sunrise/sunset Indicator

• Moonphase

• Equation of Time

• Small Seconds (actually an anti-complication, but nevermind)

• Dead-beat Seconds

• Power Reserve Indicator

• Tourbillon

• Ultra-thin Case

• Slide Rule

• Helium Escape Valve

• No Complications

• Day of Week

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28,922 Posts
I like a date, and if it’s in a divers case with a dive Bezel even better.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with GMTs. Not that I really need them too often, but it feels like getting 2 watches in one. I do sometimes wonder if it's mostly because the 4th hand just looks cool to me, but who knows why I like them so much. Definitely high on my list of wants for my next watch.

Besides that, nothing much really. Date is useful, and in MOST cases, they are well done and don't distract me enough to warrant the want for a no-date watch. Of course there are the poorly done date locations that can ruin a watch, but in large part, I think most dates are fine.

for the 3rd, I voted power reserve. Just something fun I kind of like to have. I do admit, most are a little ugly, but I don't find them so off putting that I would avoid the watch completely, and I do like to see how much PR I'm working with since I don't wear the same watch daily.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with GMTs. Not that I really need them too often, but it feels like getting 2 watches in one. I do sometimes wonder if it's mostly because the 4th hand just looks cool to me, but who knows why I like them so much. Definitely high on my list of wants for my next watch.

Besides that, nothing much really. Date is useful, and in MOST cases, they are well done and don't distract me enough to warrant the want for a no-date watch. Of course there are the poorly done date locations that can ruin a watch, but in large part, I think most dates are fine.

for the 3rd, I voted power reserve. Just something fun I kind of like to have. I do admit, most are a little ugly, but I don't find them so off putting that I would avoid the watch completely, and I do like to see how much PR I'm working with since I don't wear the same watch daily.
I had a GMT phase, and one of my favourite watches in my collection is a GMT (SBGJ235). Mechanically it's fairly trivial, just another hand with a different gear ratio, but when you're travelling it's genuinely useful. Even if you're stuck in one place (as most of us have been the past year), having a GMT set to your favourite foreign destination is a nice reminder that there is more beyond those four walls.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts