WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AD just received the new Top Gun Ceramic Chronograph and I dropped in to check it out.

I really like the changes IWC has made to the watch, big improvement over the previous model. The reduction in diameter to 44mm should bring a wider audience to the watch. The price reduction is an added bonus :)

A couple of photos:

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
sorry for my noobness but which one is the ceramic part?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Might nbe better in the flesh but it looks small to me in the pic, compared to the font sizing on rest of the dial
I think the watch looks awesome!! 44mm is perfect, maybe 43mm was better haha, still huge improvement from 46.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I picked up one of these, and it hasn't left my wrist.

The 44mm size was what I was waiting for, ever since missing the boat on the limited edition 378601. This is slimmer, although hardly slim, at 15.5mm tall, and the in-house movement is good so far: <1 second a day.

I like I can use the 12 hour chrono as a second timezone, and the pointless Top Gun reference is relegated to the rear case in an engraving.

As to the logo, I have never been some who likes big shouty logos and none of my clothes have visible branding, so I kind of like the discrete IWC. At 3 o'clock and 15 minutes past, it is pretty much not visible. This is a stealth watch. Most people would guess it plastic, or certainly never a $10000 piece.

Love it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I still like the Dopple top gun 46mm the best...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts