WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa wasn't in HEQ-mood this christmas, but who knows what the new yer brings? Here is my wish-list:

1. Omega Constellation Perpetual Calendar. (Omega cal 1860, ETA 252.511)
Reason: I want a high accuracy dress watch. This one is a beautiful watch and my first choice. Suits every occasion. Especially cause it’s got the perpetual calendar. Date and time on spot whenever you wrist it. Discontinued from Omega, but plenty at the Bay.

2. Sinn UX series. (ETA 955.652)
Reason: Best looking HEQ-diver in my eyes. Satisfied users. Features besides accuracy are useful bezel, date (not perpetual though), thick sappire crystal and high legibility. Various models at a reasonable prize-range starting at about US$ 1500.

3. Breitling Colt Quartz. (Breitling 74, ETA 955.652)
Reason: Plain, rugged everyday-watch. Date and big seconds hand and that’s it. Simple, but looks great and not too big. Fits all wrists. Various dials and straps and starting at about $ 2000.

All you HEQ-lovers out there, what’s your wishes?
:-! Happy new year!

jel

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Maybe ...

Maybe an Aerospace ... :-d

But I would probably be almost as excited with having a HEQ firmware for ezChronos ... possibly even more ;-)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Maybe ...

Happy new year .... I won't be greedy and wish for three, but I would like a nice sporty looking TC with perpetual calendar. Traded my early 90's Chronospace in on my Speedmaster. Accuracy is everything now. Might have to retrade.

Walter

·
Registered
61 Posts

My first wish would be for something that doesn't exist, a boggo looking Seiko Railroad Approved with a 9f83 stuffed inside. I could wear it while shoveling coal on the steam locos at weekends. An alternative real world wish would be for the 8j41 pocket watch which would not look so out of place on a steam railway, or a Citizen 0330 pocket watch.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

A couple have come up on the Bay, last one went below the $4000 MSRP...

Nice list, a typo in the caliber of the Omega, it's 1680 - I finally got one last year, 40mm version, great looking watch and a pleasure to tweak by 4spy increments thanks to its digital terminal and small battery compared to the similarly featured Longines. Hard to get the bracelet just right though courtesy of the lack of micro-adjustments.

My wishes for 2011 :
- Omega Marine Chronometer cal. 1511 or 1516
- Omega Seamaster 200m Pre-Bond 38mm cal. 1441
- HEQ firmware for ezChronos ;-)

- Seiko 9Fxx : on the fence due to lack of tweaking range

Incoming : Seiko SLT055 with 8F56

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

If we can be allowed to list watches that don't actually exist yet, but are ones we'd really like to see and purchase, I have two in mind: (a) Grand Seiko 9F with perpetual calender and particularly independently-adjustable hour hand (I think a lot of us would be interested in this one!) and (b) a Grand Seiko-level (or Chronomaster-level) RC watch with enhanced receiving capabilities--either better reception from the existing transmitters or a satellite-monitored watch. The available RC watches fall one or two tiers below the GS level at this point, in terms of quality of design, construction, finishing, etc.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

If we can be allowed to list watches that don't actually exist yet, but are ones we'd really like to see and purchase, I have two in mind: (a) Grand Seiko 9F with perpetual calender and particularly independently-adjustable hour hand (I think a lot of us would be interested in this one!) and (b) a Grand Seiko-level (or Chronomaster-level) RC watch with enhanced receiving capabilities--either better reception from the existing transmitters or a satellite-monitored watch. The available RC watches fall one or two tiers below the GS level at this point, in terms of quality of design, construction, finishing, etc.
Count me in on both ideas b-)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

I also agree with both those wishes; I would want to add lume to the GS, please....... I'm afraid we're doomed to disappointment, though.
I'd also like to see a small, unobtrusive TC chronograph, nothing over 39 mm, as much like The Citizen as possible. I find it odd that no-one offers a top end RC watch. The combination of radio control and light power is very seductive and one would think that kind of "set and forget" would appeal to GS buyers.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

I also agree with both those wishes; I would want to add lume to the GS, please....... I'm afraid we're doomed to disappointment, though.
I'd also like to see a small, unobtrusive TC chronograph, nothing over 39 mm, as much like The Citizen as possible. I find it odd that no-one offers a top end RC watch. The combination of radio control and light power is very seductive and one would think that kind of "set and forget" would appeal to GS buyers.
Like a TC version of this Exceed or this Attesa ?

That might be interesting ;-)
(but the price does not look very ... 'friendly' as it is now, let alone on a model that also has TC).

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

I've got an RC Exceed and it's nice, but not as HE as The Citizen or a GS. Both of those both look good but unfortunately one is 43.5 mm and the other 44.5 in diameter, so both are considerably bigger than I like. Still, that's just me and you're right, they're both the sort of thing I'd like to see. Can't expect to see all my requirements met, even in a non-existent wish-watch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts