WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have become very interested in acquiring my first Sinn Watch. I had always loved the 556a and the EZM3. Recently I met a member from here and he had the EZM3 and I really liked everything about it. So now I’m torn.
I’m a sporty type so I’m thinking the ezm3 would fit better for a daily but I’m not sold 100%
Any feedback for both would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Both are great watches, but they wear pretty differently. The 556a is substantially smaller and slimmer. I think it's a killer size, but if you enjoyed the size and weight of the EZM, you might be disappointed.
If you like the aesthetics of the 556a but aren't sure about a mid-size watch, the 856 would also be an option.
If you're okay with the size, go for it! The 556 can't be beat for versatility and value.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn’t you post a very similar topic few months ago, torn between a U1 or EZM 3F?
Yes I looked into the U1 and it was a little to big for my likings. . Still did not purchase a Sinn as of yet

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well, the 556 and EZM3 couldn’t be more different. Aesthetics aside, one is a dive watch, the other isn’t. The 556 has none of the Sinn goodies, the EZM does. It boils down to features, and simply what you want/need from a watch. I’m a huge fan of EZM’s not so much the 556 variants.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The 556 is more dressy with a flair of sporty, while the EZM3 is a tool watch. If you're more comfortable with the sporty side, then the EZM 3 will be better in the long run.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Personally Go for the EZM if your the more sporty type. I have the 556, had it for a few weeks and I already have visible scratches on the satinised part of the case. It's only been to the beach a few times, not asked much of it either. In addition to that the outer AR coating makes the sapphire a smudge magnet.

It's a shame they don't use the hardened steel on the 556 it would be my pick of the 2 otherwise. EZM not as versatile but will definitely hold up for much longer.

If you prefer the look of the 556 get the 856 instead.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely going to be the EZM3 it’s a matter of being if I can find a good deal on a pre owned or go all out on a new one

·
Registered
113 Posts
Definitely going to be the EZM3 it’s a matter of being if I can find a good deal on a pre owned or go all out on a new one

Either one is a solid choice, but they are very different as someone above said. I think the 556 is more versatile, but if you enjoy sporty watches then the EZM3 is awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts