WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger, and have seriously fixed on the 2201.50, but when I look at the 2201.51 I have second thoughts. Please consider this is a watch I will wear most every day for many to come, whether casual or formal, rain or shine. For those with 'evil' thoughts...I will not get both.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I say - not just the orange numbers but ALL orange is what you need to get!!!
Just look how halloweenishly scary it is in the twilight with its glow in the dark eyes....

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I know which one I'd pick. I find the white more classic, which is not intrinsically better, just more what I was looking for.

If I was going to go for some color, as Bart said above, I'd go whole hog - - all orange.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would get the black and white, but I might add the Orange Bezel to that for around $250. You say it will be your only watch, so I definitely would pick black with a white face because it will more useful for most occasions. But if you get the Orange bezel, you could try that at first until you get sick of it. There are some pictures of that combo floating around if you want to check it out. That is my plan when I finally buy.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'd go White as I think that I would get tired of the orange after awhile; but that is just me.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you go black bezel, I don't think you can go wrong with white or orange letters. It's only 3 letters and the watch still looks conservative. Your choice, be happy :) :-!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
For everyday wear, just go classic white and don't look back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First choice - Black bezel with white numbers as the 3 white Arabics at 12, 6 and 9 are somewhat balanced by the white on black date at 3 o'clock.
Second choice - Orange bezel with orange numbers as the 3 orange Arabics are reflected in and reinforced by the orange bezel and vice versa.
Third choice- Black Bezel with orange numbers. The 3 orange Arabics seem stangely unbalanced as one looks for a fourth orange arabic at the 3 o'clock position.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have both in the 45.5 with deployment straps in matching white or orange thread and for the last week I have been wearing the orange numbered one daily. I really like how this looks less formal. Now as for tomorrow or next week it's anybody's guess which one will be on my wrist. I will say the orange numbered one has been noticed in a positive light a lot more by co-workes and we work in buisness dress.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've had both...a 42mm orange/orange and a 45.5 black/white.
I preferred the black/white so I sold the orange PO a couple months back.
It's really a personal preference thing...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I used to think black and white all the way. Then I went to the AD and thought the black with orange numbers for sure. Now, after sitting back and looking at photos on this forum for a couple of years and visiting several AD's, I would buy the orange/orange numbers 45mm if I was on the market for a PO.

Ultimately, only you can decide so take your time and visit the AD a few times to look at them in person.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
I think putting an Orange bezel on white numerals would look out of place, but you could always go 2208.50 (all Orange) and when Orange got old put a black bezel on. I couldn't decide myself so I did get one of each and may put a black bezel on the 2208.50 someday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the black bezel and orange numbers and it's my daily watch. It's perfect for dress up or casual day on the golf course. I went with the orange numbers becuz it added a bit of color without going crazy. Again, it's a personal choice. Can't go wrong with either one. Good luck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think putting an Orange bezel on white numerals would look out of place, but you could always go 2208.50 (all Orange) and when Orange got old put a black bezel on. I couldn't decide myself so I did get one of each and may put a black bezel on the 2208.50 someday.
FWIW, I just don't like how there are two shades of orange on the all orange watch, and I really don't like the missing "3" on the orange watch, while the white numerals blend in with the date window, giving the face more balance... That's why I'm considering white numerals with the orange bezel.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Definitely black and white for daily wear.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I like the black/white and black/orange combinations equally--the orange/orange isn't conservative enough for me.

I like the black/white because it's the most timeless and classic look available. However, I typically don't like numbers on the dial. For this reason, I like how the numbers on the orange dial blend a little bit more and highlight the applied markers. If I really had to decide, I'd go with black/white because it's the safer play.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to all. I pulled the trigger; black/white it is...now the hard part: the wait o|

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I went with orange/orange. Just too many black bezel watches out there, including my Rolex GMT IIc. Now I have a black bezel, an orange bezel, and a green bezel.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts