WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new gen GMT 2T and am looking to get a daily wear piece and save my 2T for special events and date nights with the wife.

The two canidates are a Old style GMT "Pepsi" (the only watch I owned when I met my wife) and a no date Sub similar to the 1st Rolex I ever bought back in '69 when I was on a Med cruise in the Navy.

Tough choice and love to get both but that's not happening right now.

Maybe the "Pepsi" now and ND Sub later as they will still be around????

What you guys think?

·
Registered
939 Posts
i'd love to get an old style Pepsi bezel (sub or gmt) if it was available locally ... ;-) the red-blue combo tells me its a sport bezel for my weekender activities vs my black bezel SD that i have now.

now you got me wanting to look for one here :-!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a new gen GMT 2T and am looking to get a daily wear piece and save my 2T for special events and date nights with the wife.

The two canidates are a Old style GMT "Pepsi" (the only watch I owned when I met my wife) and a no date Sub similar to the 1st Rolex I ever bought back in '69 when I was on a Med cruise in the Navy.

Tough choice and love to get both but that's not happening right now.

Maybe the "Pepsi" now and ND Sub later as they will still be around????

What you guys think?
For me, I have to have the date so I personally would prefer the GMT. If that's not an issue for you then that's a tougher decision.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have a Pepsi, its a great reference of GMT. Rich, classic colours with a great history and a visual cue to the day/night orientation of the second time zone red hand.

Plus the second time zone, you also have the date function. I just find that the no date, while classic looking, would not work for me without a date function.

Just my 2 C,

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have both now, GREAT watches.
Both are completely different, but I love them equally..;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts