WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tornek Rayville Please

121766 Views 924 Replies 124 Participants Last post by  TheMeasure
Hi all,

I sit here, as I write this, with a wonderful P300 ( with date ) on my wrist. I took off the metal bracelet and put it on the supplied NATO. It looks absolutely amazing. It constantly draws the eye. The clarity, crispness and precision of the dial is mesmerising. The bezel is brilliantly legible when viewed straight and reflects all sorts of fabulous colours at other angles.

After the watch finally cleared UK Customs ( after 2 weeks ), it has not left my wrist for a week and I am a very happy man.

Except .... I struggle to describe this ... I have a strange and tiny piece of emptiness inside. A little void where something is missing. Where something used to be. It took me some days to work out what it was ... for the first time in almost 10 years my "incoming list" is now empty. I no longer harbour that small ( often suppressed ) feeling of excitement and anticipation that the P300 has provided for so many years.

So, as an open plea to Bill, will you please take my deposit for a Tornek Rayville. I really don't mind how long the wait, but would prefer something a little less than 10 years ;-)

To those who have received your P300s - enjoy them. For those still waiting - I hope it will not be much longer now.

:-D
Neily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
See less See more
Reactions: 5
21 - 40 of 925 Posts
Wearing my Stingray, right now. Looking forward to a TR option.
Reactions: 1
Still waiting. I really hope it would open soon tho
If this thread is the closest we have to a waiting list. I’ve just joined the queue.....

Reactions: 2
Same price as the Hawkinge RTW right? Right?
I wonder what will be the difference between the watches from the small batch Bill produced (and sold) already and the ones that are in the pipeline now!

Something like: '...back in the handbuilt-days...' Or: '... in the past when Bill still able to put a Swiss movement in his watches...'
I wonder what will be the difference between the watches from the small batch Bill produced (and sold) already and the ones that are in the pipeline now!

Something like: '...back in the handbuilt-days...' Or: '... in the past when Bill still able to put a Swiss movement in his watches...'
Wasn't the Paradive originally "benchcrafted" and the new lot is RTW? Maybe the same kind of changes.

Price?
a) It didn't happen without a picture - let's see that p300!
b) Yep, I'd love a T-R. The original ones are gorgeous.
Yeah it will be interesting to see the changes. I'm really hoping for 20mm lugs. I believe the first gens that Bill made had 22. Personal preference but the 20mm looks better proportioned especially if the case is close to the original. I'd also like Bill to find a creative way to have something that looks like a humidity indicator.. similar to how the text on the first ones represented the indicators.

IG: th3measure
Yeah it will be interesting to see the changes. I'm really hoping for 20mm lugs. I believe the first gens that Bill made had 22. Personal preference but the 20mm looks better proportioned especially if the case is close to the original. I'd also like Bill to find a creative way to have something that looks like a humidity indicator.. similar to how the text on the first ones represented the indicators.

IG: th3measure
I totally agree. 20mm would be a good change.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Everyone is obviously salivating like Pavlov's dog for this one. Any chance of it being this year do you think?
When I first started this thread in May I rather hoped Bill would open ordering before the end of the year. Given it is now almost October and he has just released the Hawkinge AGL I am starting to think we will hear nothing further about the TR / Stingray until mid-next year. Am I being too unrealistic ?

Neily

Well thats promising!
I'm gonna wear mine today! *inspired*

Menno
What are the chances of the T-R launching at the WindUp Watch Fair this year?
What are the chances of the T-R launching at the WindUp Watch Fair this year?
I might have missed this but does that basically confirm that the T-R will be apart the RTW line?

Either way I hope it release or at least is available to view at Windup. I'm going with a bunch of WIS from NYC on Friday morning. If anyone wants to join shoot me PM and lets link up!
Yes the T-R has been advertised as being an upcoming RTW watch in the MKII catalogue for the last couple of years.....as I said with some luck we may see it this year.
I hope so. Holding off on buying the Paradive
21 - 40 of 925 Posts