WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a brushed MO, and looking to add a thicker strap to it. Toshi straps seem to get great reviews here, and having looked at his website, I'm considering a couple. The difficulty is trying to guess what would be best through a few pictures, or no pictures. I am considering the havana or the tobacco, with dark brown, royal blue, or natural stiching. Can any toshi/MO owners weigh in with their experiences/thoughts/pictures? Also, what would be the proper length for a 7' wrist?

Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Havanah royal blue stitching
caramel light blue stitching
that is what I have and they surely rock the place
enjoy

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can't help you on length but talk to Rich, he'll be able to advise.
Look at the existing strap, measure it, do you want the Toshi to be longer or shorter...
Because of the thickness of the strap, a longer strap wears shorter - if that makes any sense...

MO on Vintage Toshi

MO on Dark Brown Toshi

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a havanah with drab green which looks great on the MO. The royal blue would also look great. IMO the thickness of Rich's straps work very well with the MO. Have another on the way for my FO and a couple more on my "wish list".

On the issue of length, my first strap from him was ordered as per his own instructions. The second I ordered is the next size down from that, cause I feel there's just a bit too much tail and I like to have the buckle in the middle of the holes. PS, he's a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Agreed, he is a great guy and very easy/pleasant to deal with over email. I have a Havana w/Royal Blue stitching on the way and am really looking forward to it. :-!

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Here's my Flieger 2801 on a Toshi Havana with Emerald Green stitching:

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's a beaut! I love the hand-crafted look of these straps. Great thread/leather combo. I also prefer that buckle style. I just ordered a Papaya/black stitch for my recently ordered Dievas Vortex. Rich was truly great to work with, and I learned that he also has a Ti buckle for my Titanium watch. Nice! Can't wait to get it all together.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's a beaut! I love the hand-crafted look of these straps. Great thread/leather combo. I also prefer that buckle style. I just ordered a Papaya/black stitch for my recently ordered Dievas Vortex. Rich was truly great to work with, and I learned that he also has a Ti buckle for my Titanium watch. Nice! Can't wait to get it all together.
I've got a Papaya/Natural on order for my MOLE II :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
^DC: Yeah, that's also a nice combo :-!, like with this black-dialed Pani on the Toshi site... http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/straps/papaya/papaya.html

Also Rich provided the example of Emerald Green and Papaya. Also nice as the red/green complement works nicely, IMO. Go Toshi!|>

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a plum toshi for my MO but just didnt look right in my eyes, strap was too chunky for the watch, ended up putting my Hirsch Liberty back onto it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a plum toshi for my MO but just didnt look right in my eyes, strap was too chunky for the watch, ended up putting my Hirsch Liberty back onto it.
Great choice! I also put a hirsch liberty on my MOLEII and couldn't be happier. IMO its just a little more in proportion with a MO due to the slight taper and not being quite as thick.

However, Statius's picture of the Havanna Toshi with emerald stitching was enough to inspire me to get the same strap for a Prometheus Ocean Diver that I'll be ordering soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great choice! I also put a hirsch liberty on my MOLEII and couldn't be happier. IMO its just a little more in proportion with a MO due to the slight taper and not being quite as thick.

However, Statius's picture of the Havanna Toshi with emerald stitching was enough to inspire me to get the same strap for a Prometheus Ocean Diver that I'll be ordering soon.
I did have to take out the horizontal stitch by the lugs as it fouled the lugs, luckily this doesn't affect the strap in any way. Would also like it to be a little bit longer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hunted down one of the old style liberties without the horizontal stitch. Was thinking of stocking up on these, but if the stitch can be removed then great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hunted down one of the old style liberties without the horizontal stitch. Was thinking of stocking up on these, but if the stitch can be removed then great.
Just received mine today, after an interminable wait in US Customs. Very nice work! It's for a Dievas Vortex I have on order. And yes, I wanted a hefty strap for that big rugged tool watch and the Toshi is perfect. I plan on finding a brown Alligator strap for my MO Roman/Stowa deployant. Any suggestions for that?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just received mine today, after an interminable wait in US Customs. Very nice work! It's for a Dievas Vortex I have on order. And yes, I wanted a hefty strap for that big rugged tool watch and the Toshi is perfect. I plan on finding a brown Alligator strap for my MO Roman/Stowa deployant. Any suggestions for that?
Funnily enough, I was also looking at crocs, before I decided to keep it simple and rugged.

There's some great stuff out there. I just couldn't make up my mind!

If you want something sporty. Not sure if it'd work with Roman numerals though:
http://www.stonecreekstraps.com/page13.php?view=productPage&product=81&category=19

My personal preference was for a slightly dressier, but still robust looking hornback strap. Would have liked off white stitching, which was just enough to top me pulling the trigger:
http://lonestarwatches.com/2019.htm

If you want something dressy, then there's lots of choice with Hirsch:
http://www.watchstyle.com/pi-1994967895.htm?categoryId=0

·
Registered
111 Posts
Funnily enough, I was also looking at crocs, before I decided to keep it simple and rugged.

There's some great stuff out there. I just couldn't make up my mind!
Thank you sir! These are all great suggestions. I know what you mean, hard to decide. I was envisioning something like the Hirsch given it's a Roman MO and more for work. So something like one of the attached. I also ordered the deployant clasp so need something on the thinner side. The buckle size isn't always offered though. I believe the MO is 22/20...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts