WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

I norfmally lurk on Omega forums but this is the first dedicated G-Shock forum I've seen, so I'm guessing you guys are the experts :-!

I'm looking for something with a dual time display, with at least one of them analogue. Silver in colour, preferably. Alarm function and wr of at least 100m. Also do any come on a steel bracelet or are they all plastic / rubber?

See, I'm total dufus on this brand. So can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :thanks

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm going to be offline for the rest of the day, and am just on my way out - but do a search on the Giez models. More expensive than the standard G-Shocks, but I think they have what you want.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll take a look.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
hi fergie,

welcome to the g-shock world. yes indeed here you will find some of the most experienced and educated casio experts on earth. I'm not one of them, I learned a lot about casio watches the last 2-3 years but there are others who have almost a lifetime experience with g-shock's.

I believe the G-741D could be of interest for you, here are some pictures of mine, which I wear as a type this:

and a borrowed shot from a very well known (and reliable) ebay dealer:

the G-741D is very solid as you can see and very well build. the bracelet alone is build like a tank and among the most solids I have ever seen, regardsless of brand and/or price. one who doesn't know its a casio would estimate its price much higher than its actually is (around 100-120 US$)

I think if you are looking for a real G but nevertheless for something very dressy this model might be a good start. and believe me, it IS a start, because once you bought your very first g-shock you won't stop....:-d:-d:-d

regards, holger

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
This one's a bit different. Not to my taste though.

G011D-1A

• Shock Resistant
  • 200M Water Resistant
  • Auto LED Light with Afterglow
  • World Time
    29 time zones (27 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off
  • 4 Daily Alarms & 1 Snooze Alarm
  • Countdown Timer
    Measuring unit: 1 second
    Countdown range: 1 minute to 60 minutes
    Auto-repeat Function, Time-Up Alarm, Progress Beeper
  • 1/100 second stopwatch
    Measuring capacity: 59’59.99”
    Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
  • Hourly Time Signal
  • Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039)
  • 12/24 Hour Formats
  • Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month
  • Battery CR1220
  • Approx. battery life: 3 years
  • Module 4762

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Holger, you have hit the nail on the head. That is just what I'm looking for. I'm not too fussed about it having a dress look, I'll stick with my Seamaster on that one. But this one is ideal for my job as I'll be using tachographs which use UTC and I have an early start normally, so an alarm function is essential. Plus I'm not that keen on digital displays, hence the requirment for an analogue display.

Once again, thank you.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Good to see you here, Fergie!!

I see it didn't take long for my G-Shock pics on Omega Tea Zed to finally hook you!:-!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Good to see you here, Fergie!!

I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while now. I like the rugged style and they seem to me like the ultimate beater / tool watch.
I like mountain biking too and I'm seriousley overdue a fall. I'd rather have a G-Shock on than my Seamaster.

Thanks guys for all your help :-!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts