WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum,

I am considering to buy a Lange 1 time zone, and would like to hear from owners that might had the same dilemma I am facing now about going with RG or PT.

I can't decide between RG and PT :think:

Both have their attributes and having both isn't an option, unfortunately :)
I would qualify the RG prettier and the PT lower key (which I kind of prefer) ...
As this watch would be for daily wear I hardly can decide which one to pick.
The RG is less expensive than the PT, both options are preloved in mint condition and complete.
The RG is from 2014 and the PT from 2007, I tend to think that newer is better :think:
There's no service history on both watches, therefore I am leaning towards the RG in that case.
Should I be concerned about services? I didn't saw much about this specific model reliability, leading to the assumption that there isn't really concerns to have about reliability. Unless I missed something :think:

The PT weight isn't an issue, I tried both few times, however the RG was more comfortable due to its lighter weight.
PT as I understood is more durable compared to softer RG, this is a point I am evaluating carefully.

I am not concerned about resale value as intend to keep it and pass it down.

I tried other models but 42 is the minimum présence I need on my wrist as I am on the tall and bulk side.
Tried the Lange 1 XL but the extra thickness and mm from the Lange 1 time zone do make a difference.
The Datograph in 42 mm would surely make me more confused :think :

Since its a substantial purchase I am not rushing and I hope that some of you will share helpful inputs to help my decision between the 2 options.

Thanks for reading...

As always this thread needs photos =)

PS : I tried few RG models, so you might notice different dates from different watches =)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Well, I don't own one of those (too busy for my personal tastes), but I do own a Lange.

From a looks point of view, that's totally personal taste--my personal choice would be platinum (or white gold) because I prefer the more under the radar look. I also think for that particular model, it makes it look a bit cleaner.

Fair point about it being a lot older, but most likely either will need service in the next few years, and presumably service costs will be the same (expensive!!) so long as neither watch has an issue. Which ever one you get, I would have the dealer put it on a timegrapher and get the printout to make sure the movement is running as it should. Not a guarantee that there isn't anything wrong, but if the readings aren't good, you'll know to stay away.

You might also want to post this in the Lange forum (if you haven't already).

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I'm in the same boat, sort of. My heart is set on the 1815 annual calendar -- but I can't decide between WG or RG. I gravitate toward the versatility of the WG, especially when it comes to strap changes. But the RG is just so damn special looking. Ultimately, I think I'd end up going RG because the rest of my collection is stainless steel. If you're on the fence, I'd err on the side of variety.

Reactions: alex79

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't own one of those (too busy for my personal tastes), but I do own a Lange.

From a looks point of view, that's totally personal taste--my personal choice would be platinum (or white gold) because I prefer the more under the radar look. I also think for that particular model, it makes it look a bit cleaner.

Fair point about it being a lot older, but most likely either will need service in the next few years, and presumably service costs will be the same (expensive!!) so long as neither watch has an issue. Which ever one you get, I would have the dealer put it on a timegrapher and get the printout to make sure the movement is running as it should. Not a guarantee that there isn't anything wrong, but if the readings aren't good, you'll know to stay away.

You might also want to post this in the Lange forum (if you haven't already).
Thank you mlcor for the inputs, the watch testing will be the last important step for sure.
I also just posted on the Lange subforum =)
I'm in the same boat, sort of. My heart is set on the 1815 annual calendar -- but I can't decide between WG or RG. I gravitate toward the versatility of the WG, especially when it comes to strap changes. But the RG is just so damn special looking. Ultimately, I think I'd end up going RG because the rest of my collection is stainless steel. If you're on the fence, I'd err on the side of variety.
Thank you for your input Dave, I am leaning towards the PT for the same reason and also because its a lower key aspect.
Best of luck with your decision, its a good problem to have =)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

I have the same watch in WG. I'm very happy with mine. Since I travel a lot with it, I like that is looks understated compared to the RG. If it's a daily wearer then perhaps the PT would be better given its durability.

You can't go wrong with either. When you try them on, one will usually appeal a little more, go with your heart.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I would have to put some thought into how often I'd wear the gold watch. The gold (toned) seiko I have doesn't get worn as much because of it right now (just doesn't seem to fit what I'm wearing as often) so I'd lean toward the Pt.

Reactions: alex79

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Pt for me. Although my opinion might not be worth much since I don’t think I will ever buy a yellow or rose gold piece ever. I can’t stand the colour.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the inputs, I did went with PT as I aim to wear it often and also because it draws less attention than gold.
But that rose gold is surely extremely nice too!!!

No bad choice possible either way, I am extremely happy to wear this stunning ALS

I'll post more pictures later on, as well as the first impressions on that beauty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts