WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been told that all the tought solar models have weaker Electro Luminesecnt Backlight than using battery models? Which means that the backlight is not as bright as models using battery.

Is this true? If, yes. What's the reason? :thanks

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I think (I'm sure someone with better knowledge on the subject will correct me if I get this wrong...)

Generally this is true. EL's powered by solar / solar batteries are less bright because the rechargable battery is not pushing out as high a current.

Where as lithium battery powered EL's are stronger and brighter because of the more consistant and stronger current when the light button is pushed.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have a tough solar and I find that the light is still quite bright. Across my collection I find they all have different levels of illumination. I personally don't think it is that big a deal.

My bug is that the light never stays on long enough except to read the time. It is pretty useless trying to use any of the other functions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the 6900 and 5500 (Solar). At night when I wake up in the dark, if I turn on the backlight of the 6900 it hurts my eyes it's so bright. On the 5500, the DIGITS light up more than the back and it is much weaker, or mellow.

However, I actually think the brightness of the 5500 is more than enough. The 6900 is so bright it seems to border on overkill to me.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,597 Posts
Agree with Keeky!
The solar backlight is still more then needed!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Agree that the light does not stay on nearly long enough. Casio needs to have a look at the night-mode that Timex uses. It allows you to easily use any of your watches features in the dark, no trying to push the light button 10 times to change your alarm etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, it's true. Actually, the shop person have compared it to me.
Yes, agree that the light doesn't stay long enough and night mode definitely would be really helpful.

Thanks for all the answer :thanks.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I have a tough solar and I find that the light is still quite bright. Across my collection I find they all have different levels of illumination. I personally don't think it is that big a deal.
agreed

My bug is that the light never stays on long enough except to read the time. It is pretty useless trying to use any of the other functions.
yupp, just like I complained in the "laurels" thread

regards, holger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts