WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Is there a reason why one of my solar's is not charging?
How much time do you let it take solar light? I think 5 minutes as a minium would be Ok to charge it...if it doesnt charge even doing so you may take it to a Casio shop and they'll see if the battery isnt working or the solar cell. Try first what I told you. See yas pal
Batman

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Michindi,

If the battery was empty when you received it, it will take several days until it is fully charged and will operate away from a light source for a long time (like overnight). After a few hours, I would expect it to operate when it's in a good light source, and then to go into power save mode (ie. blank display) when in poor light. Pressing a button should bring it back to life, but unless you need to tell the time, leave it.

Don't give up on your watch just yet! But I know from personal experience that the first thought is 'my watch is broken'. Be patient.

Batman - where do you get this idea that a solar battery will charge in 5 minutes? They don't!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Michindi, Tribe, Batman,

Well, I think I know what Batman means. If a Solar Cell is completely dead, you can revive the watch by placing it in the sunshine or a bright light. In about 5 to 10 minutes, you can use the watch. Of course it's far from full.

Michindi, which model is it. I think follow Tribe's advice is the best. Charge it overnight. If the battery was totally dead, it can take some time to charge the minimum amount energy needed to run.

If still dead, isn't the rechargable cell replaced by a conventional cell (I once found a CR2032 in a Raysman.....).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sjors

Its a GA Raysman. I won it on japan yahoo. Well it looks brand new and the seller said it was never taken out of the box untill for pictures. I got it for a pretty good deal so I hope that there is nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
According to both manuals I have for Tough Solar watches, it can take up to 120 hours to fully charge a watch using artificial light.
That's great info, Seamaster. I often wondered about that, as it is NEVER sunny in Chicago in the winter. My tough solars always suffer along with me. But I digress....

Sunlight is the ticket. Works much faster than any lights I've tried.

Neil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts