WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Buzzbaits Tough test #3 on You Tube.I felt so bad for his G-9000.One thing tho in a real life situation how many of us are going to smash theyr arm into a cinder block.Hopefully none of us.In the manuals that come with all Gs it always says to use care not to butt the glass against a hard object.So are you done with the tough tests Buzzbait?

·
Registered
544 Posts
This was a very extreme test and i believe that it was more rough than just throwing the watch from 10m height...Maybe if it had more resin on it and a screen protector could have survived though...poor g-9000 :-(

Edit: I just saw Tough test #2! He is brutal! :-! I was surprised that nothing bad happened. So if you working at a building and forgot to bring your hammer, don't worry, do the job with your G-Shock!:-d:)

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I got a little carried away with Tough Test #3. :-d

Honestly though, I had no idea whether the watch would survive the test of not. At least I learned what is too much abuse.

The real killer was the shape and hardness of the baseball bat. I'm now working on tests that will more realistically simulate the watch worn on a wrist.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Honestly though, I had no idea whether the watch would survive the test of not. At least I learned what is too much abuse.

The real killer was the shape and hardness of the baseball bat. I'm now working on tests that will more realistically simulate the watch worn on a wrist.
Yeah man, like use a wiffel bat, or strap it to a nerf-ball and drop kick it off a five story bulding, :-d

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Yeah man, like use a wiffel bat, or strap it to a nerf-ball and drop kick it off a five story bulding, :-d
I allways thought Buzz was swinging for a home run :-d :-d :-d i would like to see a drop test how high can you drop a g without damage :roll:

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Buzzbait, I've always wanted to ask you this: Did the results of your TT #3 influenced your decision to go Timex for a month?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Buzzbait, I've always wanted to ask you this: Did the results of your TT #3 influenced your decision to go Timex for a month?
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

I have this odd feeling that none of my Timex watches would have survived that test.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You need one of those fake rubber arms. Then you could swing the arm with the watch on it, and hit it against a rock or something.

·
Registered
152 Posts

sometimes i wonder if u really love g-shocks or u REALLY hate them;-)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Think you mighta needed to work your way up to Test #3 there Buzz...

...may be put it after strapping them to the after-burners of an F1-11 (test #28). ;-)

·
Registered
74 Posts
By the way, thanks for the tough test series. I really enjoy it.

I could totally see you are pretty shock too when you smashed that G-9000.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hey, Buzzbait, can you try a standard model like DW-5600e? They are cheap and i'm curious if they are tough enough...If they can pass the test, its almost certain that all the others will pass. Specifically for mudman, try to sink one in...mud and see if it still works (and how easy is to clean it after the mud has been drought)!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Buzzbait,
Do you have any pics. after pics. of the 9000?

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts