WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
I've been looking for a Tourbillon on ebay for several days. And I found this:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Real-1-Min-FLYIN...34.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301:1|293:1|294:30

There are 4 wheels on the backside, so I guess this is seagull(tianjing) tourbillon. It's been said in this forum that 4 wheels is better.

The price will be ~800 usd.

How do you think? Is this a good deal?
There is a dealer in UK sells 2 wheel tourbillons at 500 usd, but the quality was not good.

Thx

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would not buy this one. You have no warranty on this one. I think that is very important with flying tourbillons.

I would rather buy the $500 flying tourbillon. The RoseGold version is coming back in stock with homer within 2 months. With warranty for a year.

The other option is perpetual-watch. They have tourbillons with 2 years warranty... for something like $750 and Seagull movement.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well, warranty is not a problem. I will ignore auction site and buy it directly from the seller's website, where they offer "life-long" warranty. (I guess I still have to pay if it breaks after 2yrs).

the $500, flying one is not reliable, at least from what i saw on this forum. even though the price is ok, I prefer to spend a bit more for better quality.

perpetual-watch, has seagull ST80 movement, as told is a good one. the price includes delivery fee so it is also nice. Plus the fact that this firm looks like "tech" instead of "sells" oriented. they claim to have their own inspection equipments. I would like to give a try.
Does anyone has experience with perpetual-watch? Can anybody recommend some "well-known" dealers?
thx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Relative to perpetual-watch.com, I own two of their watches (chronographh and regulator) and in my 10 years or so of watch collecting, I can tell you that they are one of the best (top 3) folks I have dealt with. Their products are outstanding (sapphire crystals where you usually get mineral, alligator straps when you usually get leather on some models) and the warranty is superb. I had a minor problem on one watch and perpetual watch was really incredibly good in their response in every respect. I offered to pay the postage to return the watch to him and he he felt obligated to pay the return postage and paypal'd me anyway. A really top-notch outfit, I can't recommend them enough. On the Minorva, I have always admired that toubillon you showed. It's a regulator configuration which is very interesting and I like the design quit a bit. I have not bought from the seller so I cannot comment on the warranty/etc so you'd have to accept that risk but it is definitely unique and beautiful. I can tell you any watch you buy from perpetual-watch.com you should be thrilled with and the seller is beyond passionate in his desire to assure your satisfaction. I have been very surprised to not see more about perpetual-watch.com and their watches on this forum because of all of its distinguishing benefits-- unique complications, engine turned dials, sapphire crystals, incredible warranty, superb quality, and sellers that are eager to know about you and assure your satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Relative to perpetual-watch.com, I own two of their watches (chronographh and regulator) and in my 10 years or so of watch collecting, I can tell you that they are one of the best (top 3) folks I have dealt with. Their products are outstanding (sapphire crystals where you usually get mineral, alligator straps when you usually get leather on some models) and the warranty is superb. I had a minor problem on one watch and perpetual watch was really incredibly good in their response in every respect. I offered to pay the postage to return the watch to him and he he felt obligated to pay the return postage and paypal'd me anyway. A really top-notch outfit, I can't recommend them enough. On the Minorva, I have always admired that toubillon you showed. It's a regulator configuration which is very interesting and I like the design quit a bit. I have not bought from the seller so I cannot comment on the warranty/etc so you'd have to accept that risk but it is definitely unique and beautiful. I can tell you any watch you buy from perpetual-watch.com you should be thrilled with and the seller is beyond passionate in his desire to assure your satisfaction. I have been very surprised to not see more about perpetual-watch.com and their watches on this forum because of all of its distinguishing benefits-- unique complications, engine turned dials, sapphire crystals, incredible warranty, superb quality, and sellers that are eager to know about you and assure your satisfaction.
This is why it's good to write these positive stories. If no one writes about it, not many people dare to buy from a relatively unknown source.

Thanks for your contribution |>

Martin

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
watchsavant and Stiggie,
thanks for your suggestion. I am very impressed now by perpetual watches. The price they offer matches that for minorva. So it's hard to choose.
Maybe I should buy both. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This is why it's good to write these positive stories. If no one writes about it, not many people dare to buy from a relatively unknown source.

Thanks for your contribution |>

Martin
That indeed is very helpful.

I too feel that perpetual watches is more serious about its products, judged from the emails i exchanged with both two dealers.
perpetual explains in details about quality/warranty and etc in a lengthy email. the other dealer just replied with few lines.

chronographh and regulator
PS, do you own tourbillons from perpetual?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already decided which one?
Be sure to post some pix when you have the one you want! :-!;-)
I ordered one perpetual tourbillon.
Although alex has already rearranged the waiting list, I still have to wait until July.
pix will be posted here sometime in August (I will take a break in July and go to China for the total solar eclipse).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts