WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which and why?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only ever asked for help on a decision once before, and it was for a strap, so this is a whole different story. I plan on putting in the order for this within the next month or so, but I cannot for the life of me settle this in my own head. I'm constantly waffling back and forth.

First, the basics are pretty much set in stone. 43mm case, brushed with polished rings, 6498-2 Top with sunburst wheels and obviously a display back for my viewing pleasure.

Second, I'm a blue collar guy. Very seldom, if ever, dress up. Boots, jeans and a t-shirt 90% of the time. But, this will be one of what will be a total of three watches that I will/do not wear to work.

So without further ado. The contestants.

Art Deco Blue

Art Deco Anthracite

Old Military Enamel

The wildcard is the Anthracite. It doesnt actually have it's own hyperlink in their list of available models. It's at the bottom of the page with the Blue. I'm not too concerned about that, because the no lume OM Enamel is only shown on the page for the 40mm(but after a quick email exchange with Lisa from Tourby, I was assured it is available in 43mm).

So, which one and why. Help me out!

Reactions: jjmc87

·
Registered
62 Posts
IMO, If you rarely dress up, go with the Old Military. I would wear that to the office with business casual attire and also with faded blue jeans/T shirt. The other two are both dressier to me and not as versatile. Really nice watches all of them, good luck with your decision:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I'd go Old Military, but why no lume? As for the other 2 choices, I have found that silver hands against dark dials tend to disappear in some lighting conditions. I sold a Nomos with an anthracite dial for this reason because I was not interested in moving my wrist to gain a better light angle to properly read the time. That being said, the blue may work, but I'd forget the anthracite dial.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd go Old Military, but why no lume? As for the other 2 choices, I have found that silver hands against dark dials tend to disappear in some lighting conditions. I sold a Nomos with an anthracite dial for this reason because I was not interested in moving my wrist to gain a better light angle to properly read the time. That being said, the blue may work, but I'd forget the anthracite dial.
The readability was pretty much my only worry when it came to the Anthracite. I questioned silver on grey.

As for why the no lume enamel? The only lume option for the enamel is vintage colored lume. And while I'm one of those who is not in the "hate" camp of vintage lume, I'm not a fan of it one white. Lume isn't on the list of priorities for this watch. If I need to see my watch at night, I've got about 7 well lumed divers, plus three Ball watches with trit tubes.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I placed an order of an 43mm Art Deco Anthracite a few weeks ago.

I had my eye on the Art Deco series for quite sometime and I was on the fence between the blue and anthracite. Reason for picking anthracite dial is just because it is less common then blue.

Said that, the blue color is stunning.

I really think there is no wrong choice between all 3 watches.

Happy shopping OP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Love the vibe on the Art Deco Anthracite👍🏼

Reactions: TheBearded

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anthracite has my vote, admittedly grey is my favourite dial color

FWIW I'm blue collar and wear jeans and boots 90% of the time too, doesn't put me off wearing dressier watches whatsoever, just allows me to feel a little fancy is all :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Old military for me. Can easily dress up or down with a strap change.

Reactions: TheBearded
1 - 10 of 10 Posts