WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sponsor
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear members

i would like to present you our new Calibver 75.1 Vintage. This movement is specialy made for our new "Pilot Vintage" model line (42mm + 45mm). The base construction is based on the ETA Unitas but the movement is completely made without a single ETA part. The base movement will produced in Switzerland from our partners to get the "Swiss Made" label. The finish of the movement will made in-house (Hagen and Bochum / GERMANY).

manual wind
20 Jewels
21.600 A/h
52-56h power reserve
Center second hand
stop second (hacking second at 12 o´clock)
gold plated (peeling finish)
heat-blued steel screws
Glashütte sunburst wheels
Swan neck fine adjustment

Yellow Watch Fashion accessory Pocket watch Metal

Watch Fashion accessory Pocket watch Metal Gear

Food Dish Cuisine Finger food Baking

Games Table Indoor games and sports Play Recreation

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Metal

Analog watch Watch Font Fashion accessory Metal

here a video of the lume quality compared with other watches:

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,156 Posts
I like that.

So, the design was derived from the Unitas 6497-2/6498-2 top grade movements?

Can you explain more about the "hacking second at 12 o´clock"? Maybe show us
the stop mechanism if it easy to see how it works?

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
here will you find a video who demonstrate the stopp second function (but unfortunately the old model which is sold out):

That's pretty darn cool. Interesting lume video as well.

Reactions: Churlish

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I've seen the stop function before in watches. Nice feature to have.

More importantly for me out of all of this is making a center seconds hand out of the Unitas. Hopefully other manufacturers will step up and do the same.

Reactions: SergiV and sduford

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
More importantly for me out of all of this is making a center seconds hand out of the Unitas. Hopefully other manufacturers will step up and do the same.
Wasn't this also the origin of the Dornblueth center seconds? Regardless, it's a very nice modification.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Steinhart also offered one in a limited edition a few years back. Say what you will about Steinhart, but it's a nice looking watch with a really lovely movement. Pics by WUS member Tony A.H:

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Wasn't this also the origin of the Dornblueth center seconds? Regardless, it's a very nice modification.
Indeed. But, that's only one other example that I know of so my original "more manufacturers" is appropriate. Particularly, I'd like to see it in pilot watch offerings from other manufacturers since it's such an integral aspect of an original flieger design. Doing a deck watch with center seconds is actually going against the original aesthetics.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Indeed. But, that's only one other example that I know of so my original "more manufacturers" is appropriate.
Oh yes, absolutely. Apologies if my post seemed in disagreement, for I do not disagree with this at all. The Unitas-descended movements have achieved a solid position in the market for larger handwound watches, and it would be great to see more of them with this innovation (or others).

·
Premium Member
38,906 Posts
Your selection of straps for these watches is outstanding as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts