WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my Khakis ToxicNato today after reading about it. For all my excitement of the strap, I was pretty disappointed when the package arrived today. ToxicNato Hardware is top notch, similar to TimeFactor. However the strap material itself is crappy in my opinion. It's very coarse texture and feel like paper. It's not very thick either. I would say between 1-1.2mm thickness. Without a proper digital measuring tool, I can't verified how thick is the strap but comparing to other makers, they are in par with the no name Ebay strap I bought. Hopefully they change their material. I was sold on the premise that the strap supposed to be high quality..maybe I am wrong but it's definitely not higher end strap for the price I am paying compared to other seller.

I have such a high hope on it...time to try out TimeFactor when I remember to put in an order in Tuesday

Hardware quality - 9/10 (1 point taken because of sharp edges on the metal loop)
Strap Material - 4/10
Customer service - 10/10

Price - $18, over priced after what I see on the strap

Here are some pictures comparison with other makers

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_9319.JPG IMG_9321.JPG IMG_9324.JPG IMG_9320.JPG IMG_9323.JPG

·
Registered
224 Posts
I felt the same. Hardware is good but the strap isn't much better than Cheapest NATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll completely disagree with your statement about the poor quality fabric. I've had Maratac, C&B premiums, and Gnomon, and the ToxicNato exceeds all of them imo. Personally I love the tight weave they offer.
If look at picture about tight weaving , it has similar as the cheap eBay strap. Picture worth a thousand words

·
Registered
19,962 Posts
If look at picture about tight weaving , it has similar as the cheap eBay strap. Picture worth a thousand words

Don't need to look at the picture as I've worn them for months, and am more than happy with them. More so than the others I named, and that includes one cheap eBay strap that I didn't mention.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't need to look at the picture as I've worn them for months, and am more than happy with them. More so than the others I named, and that includes one cheap eBay strap that I didn't mention.
Maybe you have better luck or just the coarse paper strap is better than it looks and feel. But I have spoken with so far 4 ppl they all said the same

·
Registered
19,962 Posts
Maybe you have better luck or just the coarse paper strap is better than it looks and feel. But I have spoken with so far 4 ppl they all said the same

I know probably 50-75 people on another forum, and here, that loves them and speak very highly of them. Everybody has their opinion, and I happen to disagree with yours. I'll continue to buy them, and sounds like you will not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mean I really want to like it based on the initial review and then when I received it, it looks like an ebay strap quality......Hardware is great but man...nah...I am going to try out Timefactor or someone else with the those type of hardware...

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I honestly disagree too, I really like them and think they are very comfortable! I also have two from timefactors, that hardly fit through the keepers, the black is really hard to get back in, but the Grey is somewhat ok. Sure it's thicker weave, but is that a quality sign? Then go for Zulu's ;-) when I get two of the same product (yes different colors bit still) and they aren't the same (they can't be since one barely can go through the loop..) that to me us the opposite of quality! A part of Quality is consistency - every product is the same! Mine aren't!

I'm really liking ToxicNatos hardware, fabric and cs! That's a winner in my book! But the joy of all of this is, we are all allowed to pick what you want! :-D

/insert clever or funny note here\

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got, like many here, a variety of nato straps and for me the Toxicnato's are my favorite. The complete package, hardware/fabric/length, makes it a winner for me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
ToxicNatos are pretty much the best NATO out there. You can put these things in the toilet, leave them there for days;and when you put it back on you can even notice how much more awesome your toilet is now. I have to say that I wouldn't wear any other NATO. Top notch company in my book.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The best NATOs, hands down, IMO are Toxics. I have owned about 50 NATOs and Zulus over the years, from about 10 different suppliers. Toxic hardware is indisputably the best. For me, the fabric and weave of the Toxics is the best compromise between comfort and durability I've yet found. To each their own, but I highly recommend that anyone on the fence check them out personally.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

·
Banned
811 Posts

I've been very pleased with all of the ToxicNatos that I have purchased, both the product and the customer service...not to mention, the lightning fast shipping! I have referred many friends to the site and all of them have been happy with the straps that they have purchased.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts