WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
He’s probably just going after US vendors.
He has the registered trademark only in the US, so he can claim rights only there.
Some brands are paying him, so they can use the Nato term, they have something like this on their page: "NATO® is a registered trademark of International Watchman, Inc."

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
He just seems to pick on the little guys.

Omega is using the name NATO for their straps but I bet you he has not tried to go after them as he probably knows Omega and the Swatch Group and its army of lawyers would simply destroy his @$$ or they would file motion after motion to delay the case until he runs out of money.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It’s perverse how some people use the legal system. I did notice on the Grey N*TO podcast they got straps from C&B and not Toxic/Ute

·
Registered
290 Posts
It’s perverse how some people use the legal system. I did notice on the Grey N*TO podcast they got straps from C&B and not Toxic/Ute
Not true - they’ve been toxic fans all along. Did a branded strap from him - I’ve got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
576 Posts
He just seems to pick on the little guys.

Omega is using the name NATO for their straps but I bet you he has not tried to go after them as he probably knows Omega and the Swatch Group and its army of lawyers would simply destroy his @$$ or they would file motion after motion to delay the case until he runs out of money.
His trademark only applies in the US. These aren’t US based companies.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts