WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who actualy bought one of these toywatches?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
fans of Oprah? ;-)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
fans of Oprah? ;-)
Well I guess I am guilty of buying one just to bang around, it does look like Rolex (the oversize version) if you don't look closely.

Am I a fan of Oprah ? Not b-)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Well I guess I am guilty to buy one just to bang around, it does look like Rolex (the oversize version) if you don't look closely.

Am I a fan of Oprah ? Not b-)
LOL! I was just teasing...I onl said that because she profiled them pretty heavily.

I've never actually seen one in person, so I'm not one to make comments on quality, design or construction.

BTW thats quite the nice collection you have there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LOL! I was just teasing...I onl said that because she profiled them pretty heavily.

I've never actually seen one in person, so I'm not one to make comments on quality, design or construction.

BTW thats quite the nice collection you have there.
The earlier models with Rolex Sub hommage designs were pretty cool, although overpriced ... way overpriced for plastic quartz watches.

I admited I bought it just because I thought they look cool (price aside, appreciation to true horology aside) and I can bang it anyway I want, and I can just toss it into a trash later. Surprisingly they're really durable and hardly scratched after owning them for several years. And I've been stopped by non WIS who thought it's some limited edition Rolexes or something.

I will post pictures later if you want to see it.

Thanks for the compliments, a work in progress, a hard work of decades :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I admited I bought it just because I thought they look cool (price aside, appreciation to true horology aside) and I can bang it anyway I want, and I can just toss it into a trash later. Surprisingly they're really durable and hardly scratched after owning them for several years. And I've been stopped by non WIS who thought it's some limited edition Rolexes or something.

I will post pictures later if you want to see it.

Thanks for the compliments, a work in progress, a hard work of decades :)
You never have a to justtify a purchase here! haha...I have bought watches for the absolute dumbest reasons...including out of boredom haha!

Yes, please post pics...of anything and everything you have

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have a family member who works at an AD, they took on the ToyWatch line a few months ago and they have been selling like crazy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
The plastic actually looks like metal (or ceramic,depending), and the bezel actually rotates -- WOW, AMAZING! I guess if you're not actually serious about your timepieces, then go for it.

D

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm not sure what to think...$300 for a "plastic" watch??

I can get two Mako's for that price :p

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
One could say that a luxury watches like Rolex may be overpriced, but at least there's an argument for why they're worth it. A Toywatch, on the other hand, is overpriced and I'm not sure if there is any argument for why they are worth it (other than "fashion").

If they were actually only $30-50 I might buy one for my girlfriend. Otherwise, if I'm going to spend $300 on a plastic watch it's going to be a G-Shock!

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
id be all over this if they charged a regular price for this chinese watch, and made it out of metal instead of plastic. o|

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I agree with filmjuice if its plastic and 300 dollars for me it had better be a high end G Shock.I am not a big G fan but if it costs that much money it had better have all the bells and whistles!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got one for the wifey, who begged me for one 2 years ago when they started to get REALLY trendy, and paid around $200-$240 or so. Not a lot of money to keep her off my back for a while, especially when I purchase $850 FQHH leather jackets and $1,000 + U-Boat watches for myself...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts