WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2681 - 2697 of 2697 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know hes not a celeb or maybe...but this guys got a lot of watches. The last time I saw him in front of congress he was wearing what looked like a Gold Yacht master in the first pic? the others? BTW anyone seen this guys wife, and money cant buy love!

·
Registered
147 Posts
A few years back I was in Manhattan getting a late dinner by myself at my favorite sushi spot. As I was waiting for my seating a guy in T-shirt and jeans came out on his way to leave. It seemed the rest of his party wasn’t ready to leave.

I noticed he had a custom engraved Milgause. I commented on it and we immediately struck up a 10ish minute conversation. Neither of us could remember the craftsman at first but in time we realized it was a made worn.

It was specially to him because it was a watch he picked out with his wife in LA. Without me even asking he took it off and gave it to me to inspect and he encouraged me to try it on. I had never thought anything of an engraved watch, but this was incredible. The scrimshaw/ gunsmith style work was out of this world.

Eventually his wife and parents came out to leave m, we exchanged names. He said I’m Matt and shook my hand. I said are you Matt Hoffman (the BMX) rider by chance? He chuckled and said no. We said our goodbyes and he went off into the night and I went to enjoy my dinner.

Sitting there I realizedIt was Matt Parker the cocreator of South Park and the Book of Mormon musical. Incredible human being. So kind and gracious.

I can’t tell you how many other times I’ve pointed out an incredible piece TJ get an eye roll or a , oh yeah.

Not Matt.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
What's Australian financial journalist Alan Kohler wearing here?

He's an entertaining and somewhat mischievous fellow. Lately he's been broadcasting his nightly ABC news spot from home and I've noticed he changes the books on his desk every time. Last week he had all three volumes of Marx's 'Das Capital' on display. Tonight he was revealing his excellent taste in music. I'll assume he has excellent taste in wristwatches too but I can't identify that one.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Longines Master collection chronograph?

I'll assume he has excellent taste in wristwatches too but I can't identify that one.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Benicio Del Toro, "Javier Rodriguez Rodriguez" in the movie Traffic. I tried to find a good photo, but was difficult due to firearm appearing in all shots. I really want to know what watch this is.

Time is a gift...
did you ever find out what watch this is? I'm watching Traffic now and am enthralled with this watch. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
did you ever find out what watch this is? I'm watching Traffic now and am enthralled with this watch. Thanks!
I could never find any information. Also, so difficult to get a clear photo because of the "firearm rule". If you find the answer, please share.

Time is a gift...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Outside of the much over-hyped Hamilton Below Zero and Seaview Quartz Chronograph in Tenet, did anyone make out the IWCs Robert Pattinson was wearing? I’m pretty sure the first was a 3777 Pilot but the white dial second one he wears for the latter part alluded me. Can’t find any stills yet as it seems to all be about the Hamilton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I realize this is a reference to "back in the day" but I recall when Clinton/Gore were running, both had black plastic low-end watches (I seem to recall a lowest end Casio and a Timex). Once a few years went by, photos revealed both had upgraded quite a bit. Anyone have any of those old pics? Even older, Lyndon Johnson with the beloved Cricket alarm watch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not exactly a fan, but yesterday J-lo and A-Rod posted some pics, and I think he's wearing a really nice GMT Master model. Please, can anyone locate a photo of President Lyndon Johnson with one of his Vulcain Cricket watches?

Many thanks.

2681 - 2697 of 2697 Posts