WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current collection: Tudor Black Bay w/ black bezel, Tudor Black Bay 41, Nomos Zurich Worldtimer (Blau) and Cartier Tank Solo XL.

the Tudor BB 41 was my beater - however, it irritated me beyond no end that I didn't have the original strap/tudor strap and that it wasn't the blue face 36mm.
And I had my eyes on a panda or blue dial Hamilton Intra-Matiic Chronograph.

Anyway long story short

I've traded my Tudor BB41 here:

for a Hamilton Intra-Matic Chronograph in Blue (full kit):

I know how I feel about the trade. But do you think I overpaid or it was a fair deal, etc?

·
Premium Member
36,117 Posts
I had the Intra Matic in a panda dial and it was an awesome watch.

Really well done for a Hamilton and on par with that particular Tudor, IMHO.

Both are excellent brands, so no wrong choice.

Not commenting on pricing, but I think you can out ok in terms of trading, again, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,022 Posts
I do not know the market values for the watches, but watch-for-watch I love the trade. Of course, I am a certified chronograph nut-job, so just about any chronograph beats a non-chronograph (presuming similar market value, i.e. I would not have traded a Rolex President for that Hamilton, duh).

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know the market values for the watches, but watch-for-watch I love the trade. Of course, I am a certified chronograph nut-job, so just about any chronograph beats a non-chronograph (presuming similar market value, i.e. I would not have traded a Rolex President for that Hamilton, duh).
I think value wise it is comparable on the resell market.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like the Tudor better. I like Hamiltons too, but I don’t like subdials and extra buttons. I prefer simplicity.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Fair trade, especially if the Tudor was on that hideous strap.

·
Registered
20,564 Posts
The Tudor is more versatile, you can wear it on whatever you like, leather strap, Nato, Perlon, rubber...

Reactions: timefleas

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
I would have kept the Tudor, and of course would not have given a second thought to the strap--would have put my own custom strap on it as soon as it was in my hands.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I'm going to throw in my $0.02 here and say that you should have kept the Tudor, and figured out another way to get the Hamilton.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,022 Posts
Congrats on getting the Hamilton-it is a beauty of a watch! Now comes the head-scratching moment where you continue to get advice on this thread for something that has already happened!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts