• Keep the OP & Black Bay!

• Go for the Explorer II!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey WUS,

Every time I post on here, I thoroughly enjoy reading and hearing the responses back, so I thought I'd give it another go and source the community's opinion and perspective.

The long short of it: I've been contemplating trading my 2 watches for 1. Just for 'fun,' simplicity, and to sort of 'upgrade.'

I currently have an OP 116000 and a Tudor 79220B, and I love both of them for different reasons, but I could essentially trade them for an Explorer II 16570 circa 2009. I do have some sentimentality for the OP as I was wearing it when my son was born, but then again, I've never been super sentimental about objects. The Tudor is really fun; I like that it's low key and I can commute on public transit without feeling as worried. Then again, an Explorer II is a pretty epic watch. I don't know if the bracelet will be as good with the 16570 as my 116000, though? Does anyone know much about this?

Anyway, what would you do & why? Would you keep the 2 watches or trade them in for 1? Please answer the poll above and/or leave comments.

Cheers!

P.S. I just realized in the photo the time between the two watches is off by an hour! Oops.
Watch Hand Analog watch Photograph White
Watch Analog watch Silver Gesture Clock

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I'd keep the 2 personally. It's nice to match watches with outfits and different occasions. I am biased towards OPs they are one of my favorites.

·
Registered
44,234 Posts
Definetly keep the two, nice looking OP and a Tudor for rugged stuff.

The EXP2 has never done it for me.

Reactions: Seenovision

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
If value were not an issue, I would not trade either of your current watches for the Explorer. I like each of them better than the Explorer. Needless to say, I voted to keep your current two.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I think keep the two; I found the Exp II to be less than stellar on the wrist.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10, and more...
6,784 Posts
Going against the grain here, and voting to sell both and get the EXPII. Note: I have never thought of Tudor as anything more than Rolex' dorky little brother, but I've been doing this weird hobby since 1986 when Tudor really WAS Rolex' dorky little brother (Big Block chronograph excluded). The OP is nice, and yes, the bracelet will be nicer than the old one on a 16570. But the 16570 was the only Rolex I bought/sold/missed/bought again. THREE TIMES (not likely to happen again as I have decided on chronographs only, and did not like either of the three Daytona's I used to own).

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I agree. I had to have one and when I had it I realized I liked it in pictures more than on the wrist.
Me too; I was happier when I got rid of it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts