WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my Blackbird a lot but may have the opportunity to trade it in and get back what I spent on it for a new IWC Port Chrono Auto. I'd have to add some money of course. I need a "suit watch" and I already have 2 other Breitlings (Navi World and Steelfish). I can't ask this question in either Breitling or IWC forum as the response will be biased so I posted it here.

Thanks in advance for your 0.02 :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think everyone's response to this kind of thread will be biased. I'm not a huge breitling fan so I say, trade on up :). Some people will think otherwise...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have a Breitling bias. If you need a suit watch, and dont feel like the navi fits the bill, I say go ahead and do it. And although its a fine watch, I do think the IWC is a bit overpriced.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a Breitling bias. If you need a suit watch, and dont feel like the navi fits the bill, I say go ahead and do it. And although its a fine watch, I do think the IWC is a bit overpriced.
+1 Won't the Nav. work?

I think your 3 cover most of the bases and I'm really bias owning a BB! :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Personally, I like the IWC port chrono over the Blackbird, but it all comes down to your gut.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
if you like the blackbird more then dont swap, if you like the iwc more then go for it.

glad i could help. b-)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
A tough call as it's not like either of them are going to get any cheaper, though I'd have to give the edge to the IWC personally. You could always gun for a used Blackbird later.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
It's pretty remarkable that you'd get fully what you paid on a trade-in.
I'd do it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like you like the Blackbird better? IMO, a Blackbird with leather strap will just suit your need.;-)
Hahaha.

Actually this is a viable alternative. I can use my BB for the suit purpose for now while I just wait another year to get the IWC. I get to keep my BB and gain another superb timepiece :-d Hopefully I can save up more than the price increase (if there is one).

Thanks for all your inputs :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to put closure to this thread.

I ended up keeping my Blackbird :) I was so sure I was getting the Port Chrono-Auto and found an AD already. Then I got sidetracked and saw a JLC Reverso Grande Date but not new so I was a little leery. I next set my sight on the Reverso Squadra Home Time which was a larger version. Maybe too large <| So there I was about to get my IWC and I got this...

At least it's still a 7750 based watch ;-) I still think I will get an IWC down the road :-!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yes, do it in a second! The Portuguese chrono is a step up IMO (especially to my eye). That is one on the most beautiful watches out there today.:-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts