WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of their Cannonball with a deployant?
I am strongly considering this watch, but have a few questions regarding the bracelet/strap options.

1. I assume that it is a better bargain to buy it with the bracelet and add the strap as an additional purchase, instead of the other way around. Is this correct?

2. Is the OEM strap of notable quality or special in some appreciable way, or if I purchase with the bracelet, would I be just as well off to purchase an aftermarket strap, such as Hirsch Leonardo or a Noble House Croco Louisiana (or Di-Modell Alligator) ?

3. Considering the same issues in #2, assuming it is available, is a OEM Ball deployant a better choice than say an Axel Jost DF1 or other option?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Buying with the bracelet and adding the strap makes the best economic sense if you want both.

The one thing I think Ball could improve upon is their strap source, and the straps you selected are all great options imo.

I think the Ball deploy will help finish the watch off nicely, and there are several available. The Josts are of course of excellent quality, but I'd go with the Ball deploy, probably this one:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buying with the bracelet and adding the strap makes the best economic sense if you want both.

The one thing I think Ball could improve upon is their strap source, and the straps you selected are all great options imo.

I think the Ball deploy will help finish the watch off nicely, and there are several available. The Josts are of course of excellent quality, but I'd go with the Ball deploy, probably this one:
Scott,

I assume that this is available only from Ball. Do you know what a realistic street price is for the Ball deployant?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I wish I remembered...I'll defer to anyone who has bought one more recently. I'll see if I can find my notes also, but I seem to remember an msrp between 80 and 100.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I remembered...I'll defer to anyone who has bought one more recently. I'll see if I can find my notes also, but I seem to remember an msrp between 80 and 100.
Scott,

Thanks. That sounds encouraging. I was fearing something along the lines of the Omega deployants which run $300 or so. At $80, its only a few dollars more than the Axel. Even at $100, its still reasonable for an OEM item.

Hopefully someone else will know the MSRP and have an idea of what how much a retailer will likely accept.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My wife got that exact deployant for me for Christmas. It was $80 MSRP. I'll be putting it on the rubber strap next week (the Ball stays on the bracelet during the winter).

Mitch

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I own a Ball Trainmaster Cannonball and I put a folding clasp on it. I will try and take some pic for you to see. Its the same folding clasp as on my Trainmaster Moonlight Special.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
thanx Mitch for the update. I appreciate it.

My wife got that exact deployant for me for Christmas. It was $80 MSRP. I'll be putting it on the rubber strap next week (the Ball stays on the bracelet during the winter).

Mitch

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I lookm forward to seeing it. Thanx.

I own a Ball Trainmaster Cannonball and I put a folding clasp on it. I will try and take some pic for you to see. Its the same folding clasp as on my Trainmaster Moonlight Special.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There is no curve end on the Cannonball aligator strap(size 21). I have the same deployant as what Fatz028 posted and it fits size 21. Cannonball on metal strap just looks all to fuuny to me. Cheers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is no curve end on the Cannonball aligator strap(size 21). I have the same deployant as what Fatz028 posted and it fits size 21. Cannonball on metal strap just looks all to fuuny to me. Cheers.
I agree that it looks much better on a strap. But I'm pretty sure I'll buy it on the bracelet just to have it and because its usually a better value to buy it that way. Also, if I decide that I want the bracelet in 20 years, I might not be able to get it. But I will always be able to buy a strap and put it on the Ball deployant.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The price is no different if you buy it on a bracelet or a strap. The best part about a folding clasp or a deployant is that it doesn't stretch or miss shape the strap like the original buckle would.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I went back to look at my aligator strap and looks a bit curve. Not sure if it is cause by long term wearing or it meant to be that way but the aftermarket strap which i am using now has no curve and still looks fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts