WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I m able to get my first Breitling. My friend introduced me a guy who would sell me a TransOcean. When browsing the official Breitling site, I dont see it listed, was it discontinued due to unpopularity?

And, this guy asked me to make him an offer... it is pre-owned but in very good condition, what would be a fair offer?

The watch looks exactly like this one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Breitling-Trans...9676629QQihZ014QQcategoryZ31387QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Finally I m able to get my first Breitling. My friend introduced me a guy who would sell me a TransOcean. When browsing the official Breitling site, I dont see it listed, was it discontinued due to unpopularity?
Breitling has been making watches since, well, 1884. It's conceivable that this is in fact a discontinued model :).

In the early days - being the late '50s onwards, I suppose - it was a peer of the SuperOcean, being a chronograph, although in recent years the range has been simplified and made clearer. As a result, the Transocean (more accurately transOcean, perhaps) name has disappeared, at least for now. The closest modern-day equivalent is the Colt Chrono II.

BTW if the eBay auction is anything to go by, that's a very nice looking Transocean you've come across. I didn't actually know Breitling made them that recently. For price, I wouldn't be able to help I'm afraid (I'm in the UK, any pricing advice would likely make no sense in USD). You could look at prices of the previous Colt Chrono quartz, which is similar, and discount a little more on the basis of age.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the really good advice! The condition of my find was almost brand new, with no major visible scratch. I think I can go by the photo from the eBay seller as a reference since the one I took was quite bad.

Since I am buying my first Breitling from someone else, anyone has tips on what I should lookout for? I pretty much like what I see and it does look like it is in immaculate condition. I am more concerned about buying a 'replica'

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back to the shop a few more times and i could not resist. I think i will be able to join the club tmr and finally buy what I had wanted for so long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts