Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a second watch to my collection. Currently have a 2009 Omega PO (2201.50) that is my daily wearer.

Want something dressier but with some versatility and I am okay with dress watches while more casually dressed. Preowned is fine and most probable as per my budget.

Prefer something with a little thickness say 12mm to 14mm tops. 40-42mm works best for my flat 7.5 inch wrists.

Budget range is $3500 - $4500 USD

Down to about three options. Though yes suggest others.

1. Breitling Transocean Chronograph 43mm

Can find this for $3800 preowned today.

Pros:
Vintage looks that dresses up nicely
B01 in house movement that is well regarded
100M water resistance is nice

Cons:
Bit thicker than I'd like

2. Omega Aqua Terra 41.5mm

A new unworn one is available for $3600 right now.

Partial to the silver dial with gold hands that is no longer produced.

Pros:
Nice movement - already happy with 2500 and the one I am considering is the Master 8900 version.
I have a great regard for Omega

Cons:
A bit too sporty looking. Wish it had standard markers not triangular and slimmer hands not the big Seamaster ones.

3. Jaeger LeCoultre Master Hometime
This is the discontinued version that is asymmetrical in design.

A 10 yr old version is available in Canada (bonus for me, private seller no tax) for $4600 USD.

Pros:
JLC has a great reputation and the movement is probably the best of the options
Soft secondary market compared to some brands make it a solid value
Second time zone is practical

Cons:
Most dressy and perhaps least versatile.

Thanks much for any feedback or other suggestions.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I've had a new interest in Breitling, specifically their Premier line. If you like the gold hand/silver dial, you may like this option. Good luck with shopping!

a45340211g1p1_main.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
you have a sporty diver - I think something different, sporty but smart
I like all your choices

here's some more grist
I loved these new Breitling chronos i saw recently

IMG_5035.jpg
IMG_5036.jpg

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I have owned 3 variations of the Transocean and its a beautiful and versatile watch. I would go with that one.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,116 Posts
No wrong choice. Get what you like best and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I love chronographs, so I voted Breitling. With respect to your holding Omega in high regard, my experiences with Omega make me regard them with disappointment. As for the JLC, I have much respect for their watchmaking talent, but the watch looks slightly rounded in a 1990's way. I may like it in 20 years but it's just not vintage enough yet.

·
Registered
580 Posts
On the merits of the three watches alone, I'd go for the Aqua Terra -- an amazing, accurate, bombproof, versatile watch.

But, you are looking to supplement your Planet Ocean, and specifically said in your post that you wanted something dressier. Based on that, I voted JLC.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The AT is amazing, but considering you have the PO I would skip on that
I have a new appreciation growing for breathing in the last month, tried this in and it looks pretty nice in the wrist, so my choice in this case would be breitling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
963 Posts
For the JLC, I have the Compressor GMT version and can say that it's a great watch. But since you are going for used anyway (I think all Hometime/GMT have been discontinued), why not try to get this version instead... (unless you only want a white/silver dial)

L1200796.jpg

L1200791.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great feedback everyone thank you. Judging by the poll results basically being a three way tie you see my dilemna. Get the one you like they say..I like them all LOL!!

Prefer a white/silver dial and the new AT color combo with orange second hand doesn't appeal to me. That black dialed newer Hometime looks amazing though that version is outside my price range from my searches.

I've considered going all Omega. Get the AT then get a Speedmaster later (and I can hear all the Omega fans screaming YES, YES do that!!!) But having different brands appeals to me more.

Leaning towards the Breitling and may wait for a more traditional dress watch later. It is a hair outside my size zone is the only real negative.

·
Premium Member
6,887 Posts
....I have a new appreciation growing for breathing in the last month...
Yeah, man, I'm really into breathing too. Have you tried taking deep breaths? It's pretty amazing. Sometimes I'll take a bunch of short ones all in a row, you know, for variety, and then a long, deep one. It's incredible! And you can even make some different sounds when breathing, but I have to practice that more. Breathing is the best.

Reactions: fastfras

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah, man, I'm really into breathing too. Have you tried taking deep breaths? It's pretty amazing. Sometimes I'll take a bunch of short ones all in a row, you know, for variety, and then a long, deep one. It's incredible! And you can even make some different sounds when breathing, but I have to practice that more. Breathing is the best.
Loooool! I would like to say it’s the autocorrection but more probably it’s because of all the beers I’ve had before writing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts