WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use this watch ? I like the looks but don't know much about Traser . Are they rugged ? I'm looking for a new tool watch, something tough enough to handle diving, kayaking, hiking, hunting , but still be accurate and reliable .
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have one. It's an awesome watch. Super rugged and the sapphire is a nice bonus. There are a lot of reviews out there and traser seems to be pretty popular. If you want a sterile dial version you can fork out a little more for one of those too. I wish I had. My only complaint with the watch is the traser logo on the face.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have this watch and must strongly disagree with the overall tone of the review. The Black Storm Pro is a winner in almost every way. It is one of the most accurate watches I own; the accuracy of my sample is about a second per day. There is nothing cheap about this tactical timepiece. The legibility is superb and the illumination from the tritium tubes is sharp and intense at night. My Ecozilla also has a nice lume but the tritium vials in the Black Storm are much sharper. In fact, I would not want the lume to be brighter. My advice is to buy the model with black stainless steel links. It really shows off the Bad Boy looks of this thing. I wear mine over a black leather stud bracelet and it's presence is stronger than either of my Frogman watches, G-shock King, or Ecozilla. Love that intense, red second hand!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I have this watch and must strongly disagree with the overall tone of the review. The Black Storm Pro is a winner in almost every way. It is one of the most accurate watches I own; the accuracy of my sample is about a second per day. There is nothing cheap about this tactical timepiece. The legibility is superb and the illumination from the tritium tubes is sharp and intense at night. My Ecozilla also has a nice lume but the tritium vials in the Black Storm are much sharper. In fact, I would not want the lume to be brighter. My advice is to buy the model with black stainless steel links. It really shows off the Bad Boy looks of this thing. I wear mine over a black leather stud bracelet and it's presence is stronger than either of my Frogman watches, G-shock King, or Ecozilla. Love that intense, red second hand!

I agree. I very much prefer tritium illumination owning 4 balls, two Trasers, two Luminox(es?), a KHS, a Mondaine and a few others. Once the review suggested SuperLuminova and the like were a superior form of illumination, I pretty much discounted it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts