WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

will i have to exchange my traser P6502 for a new G-Shock?

• yes

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • no

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.......
i'm thinking of changing my Traser P6502
all SS case, screwed crown,screw back case and tritium
vials for another G........
will i have to do it or not..???
What's your opinion about that??
let me know, please........

Attachments

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
I'd keep the Traser - always liked them - if only their cheaper models would have a higher water resistance I'd get one instantly but the diver models exceed my watch budget:-(.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I really like those Trasers...why would you have to change it to get a G Shock...I'd say keep if you can, save to get the G (which one are you looking at ?).

edit : and i accidentally clicked yes on the poll...I meant no.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Hi,
I'd keep the Traser - always liked them - if only their cheaper models would have a higher water resistance I'd get one instantly but the diver models exceed my watch budget
I believe they have higher water resistance than is stated. I read that here on WUS somewhere I think. Crusader on PilMil would know.

I like my Traser P6500, and think of Trasers as complementary to G-Shocks, rather than replacements. Generally, I prefer them to ana-digi G-Shocks - on the basis that all ana-digis are a little compromised in their design.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I believe they have higher water resistance than is stated. I read that here on WUS somewhere I think. Crusader on PilMil would know.
Good to know :-!. So maybe I'll take one of their basic models:think:.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i usually do not keep the watch i don't wear the most....
now i own a g9100 a traser diver all SS P6502 and a Orsa military
hammy style watch....
i'm an army oriented guy..
i thought to sell the traser to have money to buy maybe a riseman or so on...
don't know well actually........
:think:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
G's are relatively inexpensive. So, keep 'em all, and save up for a few months for the next G. That is my method. I can only think of 3 watches in the last ten years that I have given up.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I voted no, but I would have voted "maybe" if there was an option. It depends on how much you wear the Traser. If you find you're not wearing it in favor of the G, then get rid of it and buy that riseman.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
ecalzo, hang on to that Traser. You will regret it if you get rid of it.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
@ ecalzo,

keep the traser, NO analog G comes even close when you want to read the time in darkness (but then 99% of all other analog watches do not either ;-) ).

@ sedi,

the 3bar WR is official, but inofficial they are 20bar rated. manufacturers do this for pure marketing, because a 20bar watch sells alot better to folks than a 3bar watch. they tend to think if they make the cheaper models 20bar too, who is going to buy the more expensive ones....o|

I have a KHS navigator MKII...

...which is also only 3bar certified (officially) and i had it pressure tested one day at a jeweler. now, he only had the equipment to test this watch for 10bar but it passed with flying colours, so nothing to worry about (and btw. one of the rather few watches i have, without fogging the crystal when exposed to a cold environment)

regards, holger

·
Registered
190 Posts
Keep it ! I have two Trasers (a Commander 100 and a classic Titan) and love them, the night visability and general readability is worth a lot more to me than multiple alarms and other bells and whistles. I do have a number of G shocks which I also love but the Trasers have a special place in my collection.
I did consider selling the Commander a while ago to buy another G and decided to keep it...so pleased I did given the money I would have lost and the wear I get out of it.
Happy saving !:-!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I voted yes, but I don't have a reasoned argument-those Traser's just aren't my cup of tea. I don't like plastic bezels on analogue watches, or 24-hour dials.

If you have doubts already, and you don't like keeping watches you don't wear much, then it sounds like you've already made the decision.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If the Traser design is similar to my Uzi, with the glass level with the top of the bezel, no. The mineral glass on a hard-use/tactical watch should be recessed, unless there' a damn good reason otherwise, like doming to reduce reflections (in which case the glass should be acylic). This design flaw bugs the hell out of me. Is the Traser like that?

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Since you haven't posted a piture of said watch...
...I say do whatever the hell you feel like. :)
you're right my friend.......
i added the pics at the beginning.......
thanks to all...
i think i'm going to keep the traser......

·
Registered
721 Posts
I vote keep it.

If it's different from what you intend on buying...keep the traser. You never know when you might want to go back to that style of watch.

Another factor to consider; Do you "need" to sell your present watch to fund the purchase of the new one? If you have the money, keep the traser.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts