WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First stop, Louisiana (Home of, . . . well not a whole lot really):

Since I'm not a bracelet guy and the LM-6 wanted to be a bit more comfortable in the heat, we put on new clothes:

He's already been busy with things that normally happen on a sunny day. And since it's Friday, he's started a bit early. He was a little shaky at first but he's steady as a rock on the board now:

After the skimboarding session, he decided he wanted to jump on our trampoline. He said Mitch doesn't have any "fun" stuff at his house:

After the fun stuff, relaxing in the sun:

Inside because the heat is intense. Cool off and play with this furry thing that's roaming the house:

Tomorrow is a big day. He gets to come to college graduation to see the young minds filled with useful knowledge. He'll sit in the "esteemed faculty" section:

After that, a short ride across the Mighty Mississippi river on the car ferry:

MORE PICS TO COME!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Great pics, it looks sharp on the blue rubber. :-!
Don't forget some wrist shots.

·
Registered
278 Posts
PICTURES on a trampoline are fine. Just please don't make any videos involving a trampoline. They usually end badly.

In the second "relaxing in the sun" picture, are those a pair of old railroad spikes?

In what area do you do research and teach?

I don't know how well that blue dial will go with the purple straps but I'm hoping someone on the list has a set and lets us see...

D.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PICTURES on a trampoline are fine. Just please don't make any videos involving a trampoline. They usually end badly.

In the second "relaxing in the sun" picture, are those a pair of old railroad spikes?

In what area do you do research and teach?

I don't know how well that blue dial will go with the purple straps but I'm hoping someone on the list has a set and lets us see...

D.
Not railroad spikes. In honor of the triple crown run, I pulled out an old horseshoe. I am an economics professor. I actually have a purple strap and will see if I can pull off a pic with the LM-6.

Todd

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
DAY 2:

After college graduation today I took the LM-6 across the street for the sights in Baton Rouge LA:

Louisiana War Memorial:

The Mighty Mississippi River:

A trip to the State Capitol:

Downtown Baton Rouge:

On the Capitol grounds. Battle of Baton Rouge:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Lots of pictures you took there...setting the bar high for the camera challenged individuals like myself.:-d That being said I plan to give the LM-6 a robust tour of Boston area historic sites when I get it and hopefully get some decent pics to come out;-)

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some parting shots as I say goodbye to my visitor. He's on his way to Fachiro1 in sunny California tomorrow. I had bigger plans but my schedule has gotten the best of me. Thanks Mitch, it has been fun!

On an Old Skool strap:

On a bund strap:

On the purple Ploprof strap as requested:

Orange Ocean7 strap (shameless LSU plug in background):

Leather Ocean 7 strap matches the case:

It's amazing how each strap changes the dial color. I've never seen this happen with a watch before. It's like getting a completely different watch with each strap.

Todd

NEXT STOP, CALIFORNIA!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
SUNDAY!!! The drive back to Los Angeles...........................

As you can see, we are going "0" miles per hour. There were 4 major accidents along highway15, all of which involved vehicles flipping over. At one point, I just turned off the engine.....1 hour wait...pure torture, but at least I had a great watch on to pass the time.

·
6,880 Posts
Awesome pics fellas! How do we know who is on the list and where to send it next? I posted on the original thread but havent heard much since...

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome pics fellas! How do we know who is on the list and where to send it next? I posted on the original thread but havent heard much since...
Look in the traveling LM-6 official mailing list thread. It is updated as the watch goes to a new member.

Todd

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Some pics of the LM-6 in Boston, MA...

I took these on a quick walk at lunchtime on Friday...been really busy so I did not have a chance to hit some parts of the city I had planned on. I went to the Red Sox game on Wednesday which would have been the perfect place to take some pics, but I forgot to wear the LM-6 to the gameo|.

Across the street from the "Old State House" which is now the entrance to a MBTA station:

In front of the "pregnant" building in the financial center:

In the Post Office Square park located on the edge of Boston's financial district. This place gets packed with people around lunchtime when the weather is nice:

Boston's City Hall in the "Government Center" area:

In front of the famous "Quincy Market" aka "Fanueil Hall" tourist spot:

Statue of the late great Arnold "Red" Auerbach wearing the LM-6. Greatest NBA coach in history, team president and architect of nearly all 17 Boston Celtics titles:

Shot of the Boston Garden and the Zakim Bunker Hill bridge which was part of the notorious "Big Dig" project that tore up Boston for a dozen years and was about a bazillion dollars over budget:roll::

Shot of "Haymarket" which has been the temporary home to fruit and vegetable vendors for over 50 years on Friday and Saturday:

Union Oyster House~The oldest continuously operation restaurant in the USA...allegedly:-d:

And last but not least a shot of the original Filene's department store building that was the home to the famous "Filene's basement" store. It is being torn down now to put up some sort of retail/office tower as Macy's bought Filene's a couple of years ago and sold the building:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts