WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm traveling to Europe soon, and I'm debating whether to wear my new Junghans Calendar. My concern revolves around deal with airport security one, and other is potentially becoming a target for pick pockets. What do you think? Should I just wear my go to swatch?

Thanks,

K

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Depends on where you're going...Paris is horrible (wait for a member by the name of George Zav to write about it..)

Personally I travelled Europe for 40 days,wearing mostly pam 368 and nobody notice it except a guy in Panerai and another guy in Hermes boutique

·
Registered
963 Posts
Where in Europe? I'd say it's not recognizable enough to be a target for pick pockets, so of course travel with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40,413 Posts
People in Europe have nice watches too. In fact, most nice watches come from Europe.

You're always far more likely to have your pocket picked or your bag snatched, but if you're comfortable wearing the watch in an unfamiliar area of a town a couple of miles down the road, then a town a couple of thousand miles away shouldn't really be any different.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Be careful with Barcelona, there are bands of Algerian origin mugging people wearing luxury watches in affluent areas at night and they especially target tourists. It's been in the news a few days ago. They are very well organized, they have a eye for expensive pieces and they will follow the victim in the street and take their watch by force pulling strongly from their wrist until the spring bar breaks lose. They are very well trained to get the watch at every attack. So one more thing to be aware of on top of the pick-pockets.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sarcasm modos on--You better stay where you are. Most of us Europeans are bandoleros by passion and in Germany we still queue for bananas--modus out.
I knew it!!

Reactions: mooncameras

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just wear it. Very unlikely anybody is going to steal it in normal parts of europe. It does not look expensive. Needs an expert to recognise it and he will know it is going to be a hard sell If you would wear one of these certina gold models maybe not take it to napoli train station. Unless of course you go to amsterdam to smoke your brain out or slizovidce slamming in a dodgy bar in czech republic. In which case leave all watches at home

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
...I'm traveling to Europe soon, and I'm debating whether to wear my new Junghans Calendar. My concern revolves around deal with airport security one, and other is potentially becoming a target for pick pockets. What do you think? Should I just wear my go to swatch?...
No details -- Europe's a big place. Where are you going and what will you be doing? In almost all cases, a little situational awareness is all you'll need.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
One of my favorite 'statistics for stupid people' is that something like 50% of all car accidents happen within 5 miles of home. One of my favorite 'watch worries for stupid people' is the fear that their watch is only unsafe when worn outside of areas the wearer is familiar with.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts