WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a broken trench watch and am in the process of repairing it. Got the movement working after a good clean and fixing main spring issues. But there is no marking at all, not even mentioning the contry of origin. There is also no marking on the case. Any feedback on a possible brand or calibre would be very welcome. The movement measures 29.8 mm (outer) and 28.3 mm (inner).

Thank you for your help. I will post further pictures once I have clean the rest of the watch and put all back together.

102.jpg 100.jpg 101.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put all together and also replaced the broken hands. Keeps good time. The case is quite large - 35 mm excluding the crown. Here the photos.

103.jpg
104.jpg
105.jpg
106.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be a longines? Checked several days and could not find anywhere a movement looking similar.

Thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for your feedback. I just came across another trench watch with no details at all. The case states 1914 London import, but that is all. No details on the movement apart from Swiss made. Once I have cleaned it and put it all together I will post further pictures. Here some pictures of the movement.

3.jpg
4.jpg

·
Registered
635 Posts
The GS marker identification was of George Stockwell of Stockwell & Co in London, Birmingham, Manchester and other British and foreign towns. The GS mark was first registered in 1907. The stylized "t" indicates the case was made ca 1918. London assay office sign (inverted omega with cross)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you very much for your feedback. I just came across another trench watch with no details at all. The case states 1914 London import, but that is all. No details on the movement apart from Swiss made. Once I have cleaned it and put it all together I will post further pictures. Here some pictures of the movement.

View attachment 14226819
View attachment 14226821
It is listed though in the book by Vermeij and van Rijn, "Early Swiss Wristwatches and the Manufactuters 1910-1930" but is marked as unknown. To echo trim's earlier comment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts