WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,875 Posts
Cheap? Yes.
Good value? Not so sure.

They aren't offering anything you can't pick up for a similar price from ebay. Cheap quartz chrono or moonphase in a cheap case.

·
Premium Member
38,875 Posts
I like the 8 year warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you expect them to be around in 8 years though? Not wishing to knock them as a good warranty is a good thing, but for a company just starting out I wouldn't necessarily put too much faith in it.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
They kind of remind me of Stauer - and that's not a good thing.

Also, why did they put lume on the day and date hands?

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
What Brad and Brandon said, and it's about 8mm too big.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How do you folks can get the details of the watches? Their video clip is too fast (and not so explicit) for me to see all I want... (?)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I have yet to see a watch on this site that I seriously would consider. From my experience, there are always better options from established brands if one knows where to look.

·
Registered
254 Posts
... From my experience, there are always better options from established brands if one knows where to look.
Not always; not necessarily. There are some "emerging brands" that may be worth a shot at the value they offer for the money they ask. Everybody had to be new at some point before they grow... (or die in the attempt! ;-))

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Look at the user comments on that same company's previous kickstarter campaign. Plenty of complaints about the quality there. What good is an 8-year guarantee if they don't even bother to check before shipping on day1?

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
The video is very creepy......kind of North Korean propaganda narrator with 70s sex video music. I think I will pass. Instead of "advertising cost" it actually says "propaganda cost"!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Reminds me of the $50 Android watch I had. Quartz, cheapish looking. Strange video without many details. Previous complaints, pass.

·
Registered
120 Posts
$90 USD for a new moonphase. I'l roll the dice. Lots of dial color choices. I pledged last week.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Do you expect them to be around in 8 years though? Not wishing to knock them as a good warranty is a good thing, but for a company just starting out I wouldn't necessarily put too much faith in it.
This is the elephant in many a microbrand room. Eight years is an eternity for a small business start-up. For a single-man operation, as many mcrobrands are, it's two eternities at least.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually pledged and then canceled my pledged after reading the complaints. What is a moonphase anyways?

·
Premium Member
38,875 Posts
I actually pledged and then canceled my pledged after reading the complaints. What is a moonphase anyways?

It shows you the phase of the moon on a 28 day cycle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately, I was turned off by their lack of proper English. They are in the UK for goodness sakes!

(update: definitely a Chinese Co that is saying it is in UK but is asking for Canadian money)

But, I did pledge. I got in at the ground level. I am waiting to see what they do for their stretch goals. Could be good?

(Update: read the comments and Updates...quality was bad. People waited. Blamed the delay on Kickstarter. Several said not worth the money paid. Color was different than shown. Band was not the same. Overall...lots of disappointed people because of the anticipation. I will stick in for another week and then review the funding.)

want to see something amazing...check out the funding on Pebble. $20 million!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts