WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at an AD this afternoon and they had the new 43mm Aquaracer in each color (no titanium though). I had originally dismissed the 43mm as too large for my 6.75" wrist, but it wears really well. Especially with the new tool-less micro-adjust clasp, I think getting a good fit will be no problem. I found myself drawn to the silver dial, which surprised me. Didn't buy, but it's moved to the top of my list.

I also tried on the black dialed Monaco with bracelet. I don't love butterfly clasps in general, but the bracelet looks good.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I also tried on the new aquaracer just a few days ago. Love the new (vintage 60's omega style sword hands) and that new micro adjust clasp is the best I've ever used, no one can touch it for the slim fit and function, they nailed it. The solved the lug length-diameter-thickness ratio. I was having a hard time with the 43mm size though, I'm very stuck on 41mm and won't be swayed.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I prefer that date window to a cyclops too.
I have a blue 41mm from about 2016 and think it's a class act, dial, bracelet, bezel, the lot.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to add: I asked the AD about a 40mm Aquaracer later this year, and they didn't know anything about it. It's something I've heard as rumor, but no official confirmation yet.

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to add: I asked the AD about a 40mm Aquaracer later this year, and they didn't know anything about it. It's something I've heard as rumor, but no official confirmation yet.
Yes a 40mm will come late 2021 and early 2022, luckily without the awful cyclops (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
OP out of curiosity, what color is that silver dial in person? A lot of pics seem to show pretty heavy gold tones and I'd prefer true silver or grey but have not seen one at the ADs near me yet

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OP out of curiosity, what color is that silver dial in person? A lot of pics seem to show pretty heavy gold tones and I'd prefer true silver or grey but have not seen one at the ADs near me yet
The silver dial looked bright silver or grey under the store lights, but really didn't have a gold/champagne tone at all.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I tried on the black and blue version as well. My thoughts....for my personal taste the 43mm is too big.I will await the 40. The indicies just work in real life, the dial looks great. Bezel is nothing to write home about, just ok...bracelet is great, as said above the micro adjust works great and its very thin. Really wanting to see a 40mm silver dial.

Reactions: crazyotterhound

·
Registered
14 Posts
So just happened to see the black in person today. I can definitely say pictures don't do it justice but for good measure here it is poorly draped over my wrist. Still want to see the silver in person but pretty sure 43mm is my ideal size. I'm impressed by the light play and side by side with previous model agree with OP, indecies just work now and balanced with 6 o'clock date.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So just happened to see the black in person today. I can definitely say pictures don't do it justice but for good measure here it is poorly draped over my wrist. Still want to see the silver in person but pretty sure 43mm is my ideal size. I'm impressed by the light play and side by side with previous model agree with OP, indecies just work now and balanced with 6 o'clock date.

View attachment 16016944
Looks better on a wrist than in the display case. The 43 looks to fit you well. I picked a 43 F1 chrono which I thought would be huge but fits perfectly.

Did you buy it?

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
I also tried on the new aquaracer just a few days ago. Love the new (vintage 60's omega style sword hands) and that new micro adjust clasp is the best I've ever used, no one can touch it for the slim fit and function, they nailed it. The solved the lug length-diameter-thickness ratio. I was having a hard time with the 43mm size though, I'm very stuck on 41mm and won't be swayed.
View attachment 15977359
I love how the end links are fit to the case - looks nice.

Reactions: dirtvictim

·
Registered
288 Posts
Was going to get the 3-hander Autavia , but really tempted by the new Aquaracer. I have a smallish wrist, but 43mm doesn't put me off at all as I already wear a 43mm Carrera (not to mention some massive G-Shocks). I'm leaning towards the blue dial version, although I'm intrigued by the silver as I used to have the silver dial Seamaster which I really liked. Nice to hear the bracelet is decent quality too. There are no ADs near me so like every other watch I own I would be buying this completely blind. Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
784 Posts
I still can't see anything but a "homage" watch when I look at these. Some random company making a watch that looks similar to a specific model, but off enough to not be illegal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I still can't see anything but a "homage" watch when I look at these. Some random company making a watch that looks similar to a specific model, but off enough to not be illegal.
Why? Tag Heuer has had a diver for the last 40 plus years. Looks like a Aqua-Racer. What specific model do you think it looks like? Silly comment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The silver dial looked bright silver or grey under the store lights, but really didn't have a gold/champagne tone at all.
The silver dial really shines in the sunlight. If the black dial had a sunburst brushing, I likely would have left with it. But the AD let me see the black and the silver outside in the sun and it was no competition.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Why? Tag Heuer has had a diver for the last 40 plus years. Looks like a Aqua-Racer. What specific model do you think it looks like? Silly comment.
No specific model. Like I said, it looks like the homage watches they make that look like aquaracers, but not enough to go against copywrite. Where you look at the watch, and just think something is off, but can't put your finger on it with just a casual glance.

·
Registered
775 Posts
'Homage' is what I see too
I like Aquaracers and don't want to criticise anyone's choice of watch but I have to agree.
There's more than a nod to a Seamaster.☹

1 - 20 of 58 Posts