WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
You know, kinda wanting that Carrera now. I've never owned one before. Only Aqua, 2000, kirium

It’s one of the most handsome watches I’ve seen during my journey. I had the white OP 39 and it stood its ground against it. I’ve got a Grand Seiko now and it also emits the same quality. I did brush the polished center links on mine because I’m never going to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
1,236 Posts

It’s one of the most handsome watches I’ve seen during my journey. I had the white OP 39 and it stood its ground against it. I’ve got a Grand Seiko now and it also emits the same quality. I did brush the polished center links on mine because I’m never going to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers all satin brushed bracelets! Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Tried this on yesterday.
Although I thought the last aqua racer was really nice, there was always something preventing me buying it. Perhaps the fact that the 43mm was too big for me (I have a small 6.75 inch wrist) and the 41mm seemed too small. A diving watch needs presense and anyway I like larger watches.
Of course the watch size is irrelevant, it's the the lug to lug thats important. For example a Nomos 41mm autobahn wears much larger then a Victorinox 45mm Inox.
So I tried on the new aqua racer in blue and it blew me away. Firstly it seems much thinner then the last one and thin for a diving watch generally. Secondly the linksnfall down vertically from the watch and it just wears perfectly on my wrist, more like a 41.5mm. Thursday the finishing has definitely gone up a notch. The chamfering on the sides is excellently done. Lastly the dial and bezel are beautifully executed. Not putting down the last aqua racer but this watch is definitely a level above. Of course sealing the deal is that adjustable strap, genius.
I think this is a fantastic watch and Tag now has a high class diver to complete the Breitlings and Omegas etc.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks that helps. That clasp is the grail hope to see it on a 40mm
Again, I hate being a party pooper... but... The clasp has male ends, while the current aquaracers have female ends. I'm sorry, but it will be impossible to swap them no matter what modifications you might make. The only other bracelet I can think of off the top of my head that has this, would be a ceramic formula one and maybe some of the cheaper formulas. Every other model has female ends on the clasp. The only chance you'd have, is if the bracelet ends happen to match, and obviously you'd need the whole bracelet.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Again, I hate being a party pooper... but... The clasp has male ends, while the current aquaracers have female ends. I'm sorry, but it will be impossible to swap them no matter what modifications you might make. The only other bracelet I can think of off the top of my head that has this, would be a ceramic formula one and maybe some of the cheaper formulas. Every other model has female ends on the clasp. The only chance you'd have, is if the bracelet ends happen to match, and obviously you'd need the whole bracelet.
Never say never. I can make anything. Only if the 40mm has the clasp though, I wouldn't try to fit an oversized clasp. Besides my AR has male and female so add another level of WTF.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Both ends of the clasp are actually female. Essentially, what it is, is the bracelet links going towards the case, rather than towards the clasp. Also, the AR has 17mm links ( assuming that is the faa054) and this new one has 18mm links, which the most recent aqua's also had. I mean lol if you can manage it, I'd love to see the result, and will freely eat my hat.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I still can't see anything but a "homage" watch when I look at these. Some random company making a watch that looks similar to a specific model, but off enough to not be illegal.
totally disagree, this is an Aquaracer from a mile away

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
'Homage' is what I see too
I like Aquaracers and don't want to criticise anyone's choice of watch but I have to agree.
There's more than a nod to a Seamaster.☹
the only similarities to a Seamaster is thats is a 3 hand diver, i own a Planet Ocean and a 300M and they are totally different watches.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Funnily enough, I chose this over a Seamaster. To me, the Seamaster Diver 300’s wave dial has waves that are too bulky/broad and don’t look very good. I personally think the Diver 300’s bracelet looks outdated and the Aquaracer’s micro adjust can be manipulated without taking the watch off. The Aquaterra lacks a timing bezel (which I don’t use to time dives, but do use for daily life tasks fairly frequently, hence it being a requirement for me). And the Seamaster 300s have the fauxtina lume that are a turn off for me.

The Omega’s definitely have a more refined and robust movement, but that wasn’t worth living with a bunch of features/aspects I didn’t like and spending almost double.

Edit: Also wanted to add that I can totally understand why folks wouldn’t like this watch. Everyone’s taste is different after all and why I dislike Omega’s offerings are the reasons someone else loves them. And ultimately this is an upgrade for me from my Orient to last me a few years until I have any hope of finding a submariner.
same here, i prefer the design of the Aquaracer to the SMP, and i own one.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Tried this on yesterday.
Although I thought the last aqua racer was really nice, there was always something preventing me buying it. Perhaps the fact that the 43mm was too big for me (I have a small 6.75 inch wrist) and the 41mm seemed too small. A diving watch needs presense and anyway I like larger watches.
Of course the watch size is irrelevant, it's the the lug to lug thats important. For example a Nomos 41mm autobahn wears much larger then a Victorinox 45mm Inox.
So I tried on the new aqua racer in blue and it blew me away. Firstly it seems much thinner then the last one and thin for a diving watch generally. Secondly the linksnfall down vertically from the watch and it just wears perfectly on my wrist, more like a 41.5mm. Thursday the finishing has definitely gone up a notch. The chamfering on the sides is excellently done. Lastly the dial and bezel are beautifully executed. Not putting down the last aqua racer but this watch is definitely a level above. Of course sealing the deal is that adjustable strap, genius.
I think this is a fantastic watch and Tag now has a high class diver to complete the Breitlings and Omegas etc.
and i totally agree, thats why ill be buying he blue one very soon.

·
Registered
784 Posts
totally disagree, this is an Aquaracer from a mile away
Considering that this design didn't exist as an aquaracer, until just this year, I can't exactly see how you can say that. If you didn't show someone the new design, and showed them the watch where they can't see the logo, I doubt they'd be as quick as you to say " ah yeah, that's clearly an aquaracer". . Hell, cover the logo with something, and show it to their face, and I bet they'd still have to guess. That's why this is called a redesign.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Was at an AD this afternoon and they had the new 43mm Aquaracer in each color (no titanium though). I had originally dismissed the 43mm as too large for my 6.75" wrist, but it wears really well. Especially with the new tool-less micro-adjust clasp, I think getting a good fit will be no problem. I found myself drawn to the silver dial, which surprised me. Didn't buy, but it's moved to the top of my list.

I also tried on the black dialed Monaco with bracelet. I don't love butterfly clasps in general, but the bracelet looks good.
Agree with you on the size. I also have like 6.5" etc but suprised the 43 isn't really that big. I had some pics somewhere but it fits my wrist the same as a 41mm tudor and I felt the 42mm Omega 300M felt subjectively bigger on my wrist actually

·
Registered
403 Posts
Agree with you on the size. I also have like 6.5" etc but suprised the 43 isn't really that big. I had some pics somewhere but it fits my wrist the same as a 41mm tudor and I felt the 42mm Omega 300M felt subjectively bigger on my wrist actually
The Aquaracers, even the older models, wear much smaller on wrist because of their relatively short lugs. I know TH get a lot of hate around these forums but the AR is a very well designed watch, at least from a wearability perspective.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Aquaracers, even the older models, wear much smaller on wrist because of their relatively short lugs. I know TH get a lot of hate around these forums but the AR is a very well designed watch, at least from a wearability perspective.
Yeah, I have to admit being one of those not really interested in TH at all, but I think it comes naturally when you start in watches and you learn about it from all the "enthusiasts" online. It also doesn't help them that its ETA/Selita movement many times and this series is listed at a 43mm. On paper, if you're starting out, it doesn't give you much reason to look at them at all especially if you have a smaller wrist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 6.5” wrist and the new Aquaracer fits really well. The movement is also running within a curly hair of COSC. Very happy. The finish and bracelet quality are very good. Would happily steer a new watch enthusiast to this one.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts