WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a hair's breadth away from buying either the MIRO or the white Riseman since I love my black Riseman so much. When my Riseman arrived, I discovered that the strap was too long for my small wrist. The end of the strap was located all the way at the side of my wrist. After trimming the strap, the watch was perfect for me.

I was okay with trimming the strap of a regular Riseman but I'm very hesitant about trimming the strap of a Limited Edition Riseman. Would you guys trim a LE Riseman? It's not that it's unwearable without trimming. I just hate having the end of the strap sticking out. Not only is this not attractive, but it also gets snagged on things.

I was even toying with the idea of buying two, one to wear (and trim) and the other one to collect but I think this would be ridiculous.

Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would never trim any of my G's straps even if I had small wrists. :rodekaart But, to each his own.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would never trim any of my G's straps even if I had small wrists. :rodekaart But, to each his own.
What is the reason? Is it the looks or because you intend to sell them back in the future. Just curious.

·
Registered
747 Posts
What is the reason? Is it the looks or because you intend to sell them back in the future. Just curious.
I never sell anything I buy/own. I just like my G's stock. I would not even change straps from what they originally came with. :-d

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never sell anything I buy/own. I just like my G's stock. I would not even change straps from what they originally came with. :-d
I understand where you're coming from. :-!

·
Registered
895 Posts
You might try to put something in the strap keeper to keep it from sliding back. If the keeper stays then the strap would not be sticking out.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might try to put something in the strap keeper to keep it from sliding back. If the keeper stays then the strap would not be sticking out.
Good idea! The problem is that I'm kind of obsessive compulsive and I would want something that would match the white or orange color of the strap.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have super-glued my strap keepers on the Casio's with this issue and this holds the keeper in place and is not messy or visible.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have super-glued my strap keepers on the Casio's with this issue and this holds the keeper in place and is not messy or visible.
How does that work... How do you take the watch off?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Super glue is not resistant to salt water so if you swim in the ocean the glue will start to come loose!:rodekaart
Not a problem for me as even though I am surrounded by the ocean I very rarely swim with my watches on.
How does that work... How do you take the watch off?
I just glued the strap keeper to the band it is on to hold it in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts